Best of Humanity

Anomaly

Selah.
Jul 4, 2021
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8 sx
I think we are so surrounded by so much negativity in life, that it feels like that is all there is sometimes. We hear about it in the news, from our friends or family, or from strangers. It can feel like humanity is doomed.

I don't know about you, but I'm tired.

tired.jpg

I want to believe that there are good decent people out there, doing the right things even when they think no one is watching them. Owning up to things, turning their lives around, extending a helping hand to those in need. I want to see that, and I want to know that it exists.

This thread is for sharing those things you've witnessed that are the best parts of humanity, to share your favorite human videos, random acts of kindness or generosity of humans to one another or to animals, or to discuss the aspects of humanity that are valuable or virtuous.

We all need a little more light in our lives. Let this be a place where you can frequent to know that it exists.

This makes me really happy to watch, and the song is fitting.

Lyrics:
Give A Little Love
by Noah and the Whale

Well I know my death will not come
'Til I breathe all the air out my lungs
'Til my final tune is sung
That all is fleeting
Yeah, but all is good
And my love is my whole being
And I've shared what I could

But if you give a little love,
you can get a little love of your own
Don't break his heart
Yeah if you give a little love,
Don't break his heart

Well my heart is bigger than the earth
And though life is what gave it love first
Life is not all that it's worth
'Cause life is fleeting

Yeah, but I love you
And my love surrounds you like an ether
In everything that you do
But if you give a little love,
Don't break his heart

Don't break his heart
Don't break his heart
Don't break his heart

Well if you are (what you love)
And you do (what you love)
I will always be the sun and moon to you
And if you share (with your heart)
Yeah, you give (with your heart)
What you share with the world is what it keeps of you

<3

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/21-teens-rake-leaves-for-elderly/

volunteer-teens-rake-leaves-good-deed-submitted-Instagram.comiwanttomowyourlawn-1024x597.jpg

"Religion can impact your identity. It can also project fear: ‘obey all of our rules or suffer eternally for it’. Different religions and cultures expect you to live by their rules, lest you become an outcast, an embarrassment to your parents, your children, or your friends. It creates social pressure and threatens to isolate you. My background allows me to think of people as citizens of the world, and I have a ‘United Nations’ of friends. I also connect very well with the struggles of all the people I meet, whether it is personal, family, financial, or health struggles...We often ask, or are asked: ‘Where do you come from? Who are your people?’ It is frequently asked when we travel. Sometimes, it’s a conversational question, and other times it is used as a tool to put you in a pigeonhole. People love stereotypes.When it is asked negatively, it could be construed as, ‘How do I classify you in my esteem? How do I rate you, so that I know how to treat you?’ It is a way for some people to categorize you without having to go to all the trouble of getting to know you for who you are and making a judgement call based upon your merits...We are not the summation of others. That much is clearly evident by the fact that people move around the world so often now that there can be no real pigeonholes. We exist in an inter-connected world, and our borders are only lines drawn on a map for the sake of rules and government. They do not characterize or exemplify the entirety of the people who live within those arbitrary lines...In future, instead of the question posed at the start of this chapter, we should ask: ‘who are you and what are you like?’ My parents were born in India, I was born in Pakistan, and I have lived and grown up in Australia, but now I live in Indonesia with legal residency status in three countries. So, where do I come from? In the end, it doesn’t matter. The only thing that matters is that I am always striving to become the best version of myself. I hope that everyone reading this book, whoever you are and wherever you are from, will also try to become the best version of yourself. If everyone tries to do that, we would all benefit from living in a much better world."
from the book Life Is Bullshit. Do You Agree? by: Bill Bilwani