Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
^^

Last edited:
The best gift I have ever received was a book - A New Earth by Ekhart Tolle

I wasn't very happy when I received it. It was a bad birthday that year and I remember getting mad at my husband and telling him that the only gift I got was this stupid self-help book from his mother. I didn't realize that that book would give me a whole new perspective on life.

It's kind of odd that the worst and best gifts that I have received both came from the same person. The funny thing is that my mother-in-law is a strict Roman Catholic and if she knew what was in the book I don't think she would have given it to me. She gave it to me because she saw it on Oprah.

Reactions: muir
Same here. The best gift I've ever received was a Grace Livingston Hill novel on my 16th birthday. I enjoyed my birthday reading that book for the entire day. It was one of the best and most peaceful days I've ever had.
HTML:

I can't decide between Lord of the rings for my 18. birthday from my parents and brother and book that wrote my university teacher. I was kind in love with him. My friends knew that so one of them went to him and asked him to write something in his book. So I got book with his greetings for me. Woow, I could not breath for the moment:)

ok roll your eyes if you must but the best gift I've ever received is this chance right now to start my life over. to have my heart repaired and to not die.
I did not die. this is so huge I cannot even express it in a way that doesn't sound melodramatic.

ok roll your eyes if you must but the best gift I've ever received is this chance right now to start my life over. to have my heart repaired and to not die.
I did not die. this is so huge I cannot even express it in a way that doesn't sound melodramatic.
Glad it all worked out well for you!!
I hope you weren’t in too much pain?

i got a NES in like 1988. my grandmother and i played the hell out of it for years.

Was probably my last birthday. A friend of mine gifted me Kafka on the Shore which is now my favourite book. I spent all of Christmas reading it and it hit me really hard on a level I don't quite understand.

I am starting to think my guitar could be the best gift . . . ever. :D I've gotten great gifts over the years, and I guess each has it's own memory or appeal.

Unconditional love.

A pair of silver earrings i recieved 5 years ago. There was a little girl i used to babysit all the time, i loved her dearly. I bought her extravagent gifts whenever i could just because and we had lots of fun and outings together. I moved to a different city over the christmas period and i got sent those earrings in the mail, along with a letter from her mum- pretty much her parents had given her some cash to buy all her family and friends gifts. She spent the entire amout on a pair of fancy shoes for me! Her mum returned the shoes, and she got her to choose a pair of earrings instead. She said that she missed me, and wanted me to come stay with her for christmas.
It was such a beautiful moving gesture.The earrings are really lucky. Especaily Awesome things happen when i wear them. They remind me how much im loved, and how precious it is to be loved by children

My brother's guitar.