Best Free Online MBTI Test?!

Chamomile

Community Member
Mar 26, 2011
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Four way tie
I'm doing a little project for a class involving MBTI types. I'm a tad overwhelmed by how many MBTI tests there are available online and I don't really have the time to test drive them all. I'll be giving the test to some family members and friends (some of which probably couldn't even define introversion) so I'd like one that doesn't ask overly vague questions and isn't too long, while still giving reliable results. The most I could ask them to contribute is about half an hour to the test.

With that set of criteria in mind, could I bum a few suggestions on which tests are the best? Thanks!

They all suck.

Reactions: Saru Inc
I wasn't helping you Artsu. Or was I? ... That's up to you and your brain to decide.

Reactions: Chamomile
I'll be giving the test to some family members and friends (some of which probably couldn't even define introversion) so I'd like one that doesn't ask overly vague questions and isn't too long, while still giving reliable results. The most I could ask them to contribute is about half an hour to the test.
doesn't ask overly vague questions and isn't too long, while still giving reliable results.
isn't too long

Oh I am vehemently against this (and all other) cognitive function tests. It works off a very very limited understanding of what the functions are. It can be right for some, but it's just as often inconclusive.

Although I do think the discordia one is ok in ways of a test. I say use that one.

Reactions: Artsu Tharaz
Oh I am vehemently against this (and all other) cognitive function tests. It works off a very very limited understanding of what the functions are. It can be right for some, but it's just as often inconclusive.

Although I do think the discordia one is ok in ways of a test. I say use that one.
I like the -idea- of a cognitive functions test, but you're right that this one
(and probably any others that exist) is pretty terrible. Discordia it is.

Also, this thing is fun to play with: http://dissonance.my3gb.com/mbti.html

Reactions: donkeybals
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

This is probably the best one, but still very inaccurate.

Thanks! I've taken this one too and liked it.

Again, I'm not worried about accuracy very much. Its a small project, nobody is going to be basing treatment off of this :) getting a general idea of where a person stands is enough. I appreciate the tips! I think I'll go with the human metrics test.

I like the Discordia one as well. It goes outside the realm of what most online tests seem to ask.

Humanmetrics was the very first one I ever took, and is the one that I primarily used to test my family members.

I think this one is better than the Humanmetrics one: MBTI test

Practically everyone I know tests as N in the Humanmetrics one (and the result of INTJ is especially overrepresented). Not so with this one.