Batman or Superman? | INFJ Forum

Batman or Superman?

Lark

Rothchildian Agent
May 9, 2011
MBTI
ENTJ
Enneagram
I'm not sure what the planned movie Batman vs. Superman will feature or who would prevail eventually in a struggle one with another but which do you think is the more deserving of the mantel of righteousness or heroism?

Superman, I think because I like the superpower aspect. I know that batman is significant in it's own right because as a vigilante, he shows you can be powerful and influential without superpowers, but through hard work, physical agility, street smarts, etc. However, I've always been a fantasy fan. However, I think Superman suffers from weak character development. Although he is supposedly a complex character, they depend on his powers to distinguish him from other heroes.

I read a lot of both, more of the Bats. I never put down a Superman comic and said "wow" but Batman, the man is twisted and principled. It is always hard to believe that Superman has skin in the game. Batman does, it shows. He has set himself aside for the work he does, not chosen or born to it. Superman is like Christ, but Batman is Buddha (just a lot more violent).

Batman, of course.

Batman was originally just a guy with an obscene amount of money; it took intelligence, conviction, and a lot of finesse for him to turn his money into crime-fighting gadgetry galore. His choice to fight evil was very deliberate, and involved (to greater or lesser degrees depending on the story you read) tangible sacrifice on his part. Superman, on the other hand, is just a big phallic representation of American superiority in the world. Superman just falls out of the sky, can do all sorts of crazy shit at zero personal consequence, and is globally adored (in most stories). He could have taken up hero'ing on a whim.

Yeah, they both have the tragic "my parents are deeeeead" backstory, but the role it plays in characterizing Bruce is more pronounced than it is in Clark.

Superman would win. Not from conviction but from sheer physical ability.

I wonder how Ironman would fit into this conversation? Since each superhero reflected the values and qualities most admired in their time, it would be interesting to analyze how modern superheroes fit in. I think Batman reflects physical ability and world smarts, superman physical ability and superhuman strengths, while Ironman represents the mix of book smarts, world smarts, tech smarts, and physical ingenuity, essentially combining all the qualities of previous superheroes in one.

neither

im not really a fan of superheroes
heroes need villians. There is, however, an element of heroism that goes beyond villians....and that is the true heroism i respect. People that get involved in their communities to make them better, people that volunteer to help, that are kind to people, that take joy in the joy of others, that are compassionate, willing to Love and understand, that care, that do the right thing...just because.....regardless of whether things are going well or are at crisis point
in my opinion, righteousness is more about creating a better world for everyone, by being 'righteous', and being the change you wish to see (thanks ghandi), rather than vanquishing foes, or fighting wrongs, or hurting others.

Last batman movie i saw i felt so sorry for the villians...i found it more confusing than gratifying...this happens in most movies i watch along the lines of this genre or theme

in a world with no villians, superman would be be more useful

i'd prefer to hang out with superman than batman...superman seems like more fun....and just think of the cool shit that we could do

Dr Who is my favourite superhero. And Jesus ofcourse. And spongebob