Avengers Infinity War | INFJ Forum

Avengers Infinity War

I loved the movie. I'm already looking forward to May 4. The characters were well-balanced in how much screen time they had and the villain was not overhyped. I was also pleased to note that the trailer gave hardly anything away, since most of the scenes were either from the beginning or middle of the film. The best and most memorable scenes were those not in the trailer anyway, which makes it all the better. They should only set the scene and vibe, nothing more. I put the answer to your content-question in the spoiler, for anyone who might peek in here that hasn't seen the movie yet.

I don't think the snappening is final. Not so sure about the rest, although the deaths of Loki and Gamora are a bit questionable. I wouldn't count on Gamora coming back though. There is definitely photo evidence of Tony time travelling back, presumably to the time of the first Avengers movie. Question remains, how (much) is he going to change and when he is going to effect that change. If he changes the timeline in the mentioned point within the past, then Age of Ultron won't have happened, which will perhaps revive Hydra to its former glory, and whatever will become of Civil War. If he does it, then it will be the most massive fuck-up in MCU history. I also don't think that it will happen this way, as Tony is smart enough not to change the timeline to such an extent. It will be more like a surgical operation; however, I expect it will still have unforeseen consequences. I also wonder if Tony is going to notice that Stephen's final words are a hint, although I guess that the famous last words were more of a fan service than intended for the characters. That's debateable, though.

One of the funniest parts of the movie was that they took the smallest actor and made him the biggest character in the movie. A brilliant decision.

Last edited:
One of the funniest parts of the movie was that they took the smallest actor and made him the biggest character in the movie. A brilliant decision.

Yes! Best casting choice ever.

Reactions: Gaze and Ginny
SPOILERS ahead. Tried using the spoilers tag, but it wasn't showing.

Saw it some time ago, and it was not what I expected. It was interesting seeing so many different characters from the various Marvel Universe in one movie. I wonder though if that took away from the story a little. I understand they needed to set up each team in their own universe to understand how they later came together, but it came across more as many mini movies in one rather than one movie where everyone worked together. Trying to squeeze in time for all the characters limited screen time for some characters over others. The part I like the most was when Wakanda was invaded and both the Avengers and Wakandans fought together along the border.

In any case, one of the best endings to the Avengers movies is I think it was the last one where they after this huge street fight and violent destruction of the city, they slink into a busted up diner with rubble all around, sit at a table and eat, as if it was just another day and nothing just happened. It was really cool, just like old friends just hanging out. I think the cast also did this in real life. :D

Reactions: Reverist and Ginny
th

Reactions: Reverist and Gaze
I really liked it. I like the philisophical questions it raises, and I like that it has a fairly complex villian. I thought the multiple story lines flowed well together, and it was fun to see so many characters we know meeting each other for the first time. And I always love the relationship and dialogue between Tony Stark and Peter Parker.

Spiderman's death
sm91.gif

Reactions: Gaze and Ginny
@Reverist The spoiler was an improvised scene. Makes it all the more precious.

Tony's dialogues in general are pretty awesome. Tony and Stephen are for example a very competetive duo.

Reactions: Reverist and Gaze