At it again. | INFJ Forum

At it again.

Satya

C'est la vie
Retired Staff
May 11, 2008
MBTI
INXP
Yup, another Archbishop blaming pedophilia on homosexuality and decrying the sexual abuse scandals in the Catholic Church as being a societal problem due to acceptance of homosexuality.

My favorite part of this article is where he says, "When sexuality is trivialized, it's clear that this is going to affect all cases. Homosexuality is such a case. Before, the homosexual wasn't spoken of. He was discriminated against." "When we begin to say they have rights, rights to demonstrate publicly, pretty soon, we'll find the rights of pedophiles."

Yup. Life was so much better for everyone when the homosexual was discriminated against. It's all a slippery slope to pedophila. This is the message that Jesus wants you all to know. FEAR THE GAYS!

Here is the whole article.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36975957

oh FFS....

This makes my soul tired..

*facepalm*

do they even realize what they are saying...and they really believe themselves...

what a ridiculous notion...

this makes my brain ache...

Welcome to my world.

when people are on slippery slopes, they think they are snowboarding...

anything to detract away from the the sub-culture of pedophilia within their own organization. or is it a sub-culture.

I swore I'd stay off of these kinds of threads but this shit here is ridiculous.

now that this is said.. :bolt:

And homosexuals will continue to be buggered by these people until they use me as their general. I fight the same way the church does.

Why use the marquis of queensbury rules when they fight savate?

And homosexuals will continue to be buggered by these people until they use me as their general. I fight the same way the church does.

Why use the marquis of queensbury rules when they fight savate?

Propaganda and misinformation is not a noble way to fight. If we did that then how would we be any better than them? I would sooner die in a Catholic induced Holocaust of gays than sink to the level of lies and deceit that these people have used in their antigay agenda. Hell, if we sank to their level, they would beat us with experience and use our own propaganda and misinformation as proof that they were always right about us.

Nobility will get you nowhere.

Do you think the Haitians simply protested the rulers of St. Dominique for freedom?
Do you think the Chinese simply asked the Imperial to leave them alone?
Do you think the French were given freedom from the Catholic Church and Nobles by sending a signed petition?

No, Rights need to come from blood sacrifice. Freedom needs to be fought for.

Martin Luther King Jr was assassinated, but his movement had more members than yours, and more public support.
Ghandi was a one off, and only because he had numbers on his side.

Nobility will get you nowhere.

Do you think the Haitians simply protested the rulers of St. Dominique for freedom?
Do you think the Chinese simply asked the Imperial to leave them alone?
Do you think the French were given freedom from the Catholic Church and Nobles by sending a signed petition?

No, Rights need to come from blood sacrifice. Freedom needs to be fought for.

Martin Luther King Jr was assassinated, but his movement had more members than yours, and more public support.
Ghandi was a one off, and only because he had numbers on his side.

We still have the courts. We have one avenue left open before we have to go that far.

Courts would be one of my five battlefields.

Dirty fighting like they do.

rofl, with this twisted logic, they could also claim that all heterosexuals are pedophiles, considering that, pedophilia as an occurrence happens in both genders and between both genders.

As a Catholic, I can't help but notice the comments in this thread use expressions like "they say.." or "they should..."

The discussion is about two bishops, out of over 5000 - which is about 0.04% of all Catholic bishops.

Whatever either of these two bishops say is their opinion, and is not representative of Catholic opinion. So... please, less bigotry please.

Except these people are very high in the chain of command and the catholic church is responsible for what they are saying. Also, their attitude is very widespread.

As a Catholic, I can't help but notice the comments in this thread use expressions like "they say.." or "they should..."

The discussion is about two bishops, out of over 5000 - which is about 0.04% of all Catholic bishops.

Whatever either of these two bishops say is their opinion, and is not representative of Catholic opinion. So... please, less bigotry please.

You may not like it, but I'm gonna point it out when the top leaders of your church are bigots.

Anyone can believe in jesus, doesn't make the person Catholic. Catholics must recognise the authority of Rome and the Hierarchy of the Holy Roman Catholic Church, and all their bigoted bullshit. If you don't want to recognise that, there are a whole host of other denominations you could belong to... Anglicanism is the most like Catholicism, except the authority stops with the bishop, never higher, and they take their beliefs straight from the bible, not any dogma outside of that.

Except these people are very high in the chain of command and the catholic church is responsible for what they are saying. Also, their attitude is very widespread.
True, but their personal attitude is not Catholic doctrine.

You may not like it, but I'm gonna point it out when the top leaders of your church are bigots.
This is acceptable and doesn't bother me - my objection is the generalisation made by applying the comments of an individual to the whole group.
Anyone can believe in jesus, doesn't make the person Catholic. Catholics must recognise the authority of Rome and the Hierarchy of the Holy Roman Catholic Church, and all their bigoted bullshit. If you don't want to recognise that, there are a whole host of other denominations you could belong to... Anglicanism is the most like Catholicism, except the authority stops with the bishop, never higher, and they take their beliefs straight from the bible, not any dogma outside of that.
One is not required to believe any bigotted bullshit, but only the doctrine/dogma the hierarcy was instituted to preserve.

This is acceptable and doesn't bother me - my objection is the generalisation made by applying the comments of an individual to the whole group.

I'm not saying all Catholics are bigoted, I'm saying the Catholic Church is bigoted. These top leaders get away with spreading this misinformatin.

There is two ways you can judge the Catholic Church. By what is says or by what it does. You choose to judge the Church for what it says and I choose to judge it for what it actually does. The Church always says that gays deserve justice and compassion but what the Church does is allow bigoted bishops to spread hate and ire for gays.

You can only judge a tree for the kind of fruit it bears. The Church is quick to excommunicate those who would support gay marriage but ignores those who would equate gays to pedophiles. I'm not so stupid as to ignore the obvious.

I'm not saying all Catholics are bigoted, I'm saying the Catholic Church is bigoted. These top leaders get away with spreading this misinformatin.

There is two ways you can judge the Catholic Church. By what is says or by what it does. You choose to judge the Church for what it says and I choose to judge for what it actually does. The Church always says that gays deserve justice and compassion but what the Church does is allow bigoted bishops to spread hate and ire for gays.

What the Church says is in its doctrine - which is actually composed of relatively few dogmas, a few different creeds and a few dozen encyclicals.

The Church does allow people to say what they think. If there is confusion between opinion and doctrine, the Church might require the bishop to clarify or apologise. But it is pretty clear that the bishop was just spouting a personal theory. I am of the opinion that unless a bishop is teaching the faith, or morals he should just shut up and pray.

Last edited:
Reactions: jn56uytrx
Wasn't there a thread a while back equating Christians to pedaphiles?

Reactions: Flavus Aquila