Aroused by intelligence and depth? | INFJ Forum

Aroused by intelligence and depth?

Artemisia

Community Member
May 20, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
Since college I have been sexually aroused by intellectual men who are unusual, sometimes even on the autism spectrum. It is only recently that for some reason I discovered that I can even get aroused by solving intellectual problems and that for some reason I associate intellectuality with sexuality. Is this odd?

Since college I have been sexually aroused by intellectual men who are unusual, sometimes even on the autism spectrum. It is only recently that for some reason I discovered that I can even get aroused by solving intellectual problems and that for some reason I associate intellectuality with sexuality. Is this odd?
I don't think the first part of that is too unusual.

I find intelligence attractive, too, and a lack of it is going to turn me off.

In terms of being aroused by intellectual problems, I can't say I've experienced that - they're engaging and 'exciting', certainly, but they don't give me boners.

I seem to have morophilia myself

Last edited:
I always looked up to intelligent girls at school. No sexual arousal. One girl in Algebra and I used to show each other our test scores and smile at each other.

A bum rushed up the steps and knocked all the books, papers, and purse from one of our smarter gals in the 7th grade. He shouldn't have been standing so close to the edge.

@Artemisia, I like serious girls that can smile. Married to someone different to keep me in check, but I like serious women. They are less likely to be having sex in the back room at work, or stealing something. I also like spiritual women. Add the three and you have an angel to me if they smile at me.

Reactions: Reason
I think a lot of people can feign intelligence. I judge people more often than not by what they bring to the table in terms of accomplishments. I'm in a lot of tough situations so I have to make quick judgements.

When it comes to sexual attraction, I prefer women who are on the quieter side. It's also nice to see an accomplished woman with her own mind and preferences. Ultimately though, I have to find her physically attractive before anything else.

I think a lot of people can feign intelligence. I judge people more often than not by what they bring to the table in terms of accomplishments. I'm in a lot of tough situations so I have to make quick judgements.

When it comes to sexual attraction, I prefer women who are on the quieter side. It's also nice to see an accomplished woman with her own mind and preferences. Ultimately though, I have to find her physically attractive before anything else.
Oh cmon Pin, you we all know you'll end up with some bdsm dominatrix.
Or she'll be working for the US IRS and make you squeel in other ways.

Me, an autist: uWu

Seriously though, my girlfriend gets sexually aroused when I become articulate. Really makes me think.

Your arousal of intellectual problems could point to an energetic pull towards masculine, systematised energies.

Reactions: Asa
Intelligence isn't necessarily a turn-on, but it does make someone easier to talk to (barring insecurity or snobbishness), which is also important.

I also do not get boners from solving intellectual problems. :p

I fall for writers easily. Same with outdoorsy experts, climbers and such.

I think it's this notion of falling for someone who demonstrates knowledge and ability beyond what I possess but that I admire or even covet. And it's not even a matter of more experience, but just their unique ability to craft or do something that I think is amazing.