Are your favorite characters in literature, films, t.v. shows, etc usually Idealists | INFJ Forum

Are your favorite characters in literature, films, t.v. shows, etc usually Idealists

daydreamer

Permanent Fixture
Jul 10, 2009
MBTI
ENFP
Enneagram
I forget
Usually for me I find them to be okay characters, I like them but not love them. For example I liked Hon Solo in Star Wars better then Luke Skywalker, an idealist. Does anyone else feel like this as well?

Usually for me I find them to be okay characters, I like them but not love them. For example I liked Hon Solo in Star Wars better then Luke Skywalker, an idealist. Does anyone else feel like this as well?
Yea Han Solo is my favourite too, he's the anti-hero.
What type would he be if he would be real? :O

Not necessary - some of my all time favorite characters are ISFJ and INTJ. I like that they are different from me and I can sometimes "borrow" their abilities when I need them.

But it's complicated. If ST actor tries to fill the shoes of NF character then of course it might be unconvincing. But it's not the characters fault. For example most people who watched LotR agree that Boromir's performance was way ahead of Aragorn even if that wasn't supposed to happen.

Not necessary - some of my all time favorite characters are ISFJ and INTJ. I like that they are different from me and I can sometimes "borrow" their abilities when I need them.

But it's complicated. If ST actor tries to fill the shoes of NF character then of course it might be unconvincing. But it's not the characters fault. For example most people who watched LotR agree that Boromir's performance was way ahead of Aragorn even if that wasn't supposed to happen.

Indeed, Aragorn was an uninteresting character

I think just about everybody loves Hans Solo better than Luke Skywalker. Luke is a boring boyscout (with a SICK comic book collection in real life).

Personally I like roguish bastards myself. Probably a wish fulfillment thing though

I like underdogs.

Luke is boring, Han is boring, Leia is boring. Darh Vader and Darth Sidious on the other hand...

Yea Han Solo is my favourite too, he's the anti-hero.
What type would he be if he would be real? :O
According to "People Patterns" by Stephen Montgomery, he would be an artisan.

Underdogs, and anti-heroes. Especially ones with personal vendettas.

Idealistic characters only piss me off because often they trumpet all the flaws that I hate about myself.

Being idealistic does not necessary mean being a boyscout.

Captain Reynolds from the Firefly for example

What's an idealistic character? I'm not quite sure what you mean.

I like V from Vandetta. I don't know if to consider him a villain or a hero but I liked his philosophies.

The main character from The Punisher is also one of my favorites.

Do you see the pattern? :D

I like V from Vandetta. I don't know if to consider him a villain or a hero but I liked his philosophies.

Oh I love them both!
I totally should see V for Vendetta again, thanks for reminding me.

The Punisher was pretty good.

Favourite character? I can't think of any, but I do like Sam in supernatural

Ah, it all makes sense now. Well all my favourite characters ARE usually idealists. I would say that the more cynical characters are a very interesting perspective but ultimately it's clever idealists that capture me.

I almost never love the main characters. My favorite characters are usually side ones.

I seem to like sadistic NTs. Erm.

Some of my favorite characters are disillusioned but powerful anti-heroes or turned villains who end up working for the good guys.

Last edited:
I just like good characters, *period.* If they're well-rounded and multi-talented and have both good and evil qualities (even the good and the bad guys), then I usually like them.

The only stereotypes I like are the sidekick type stereotypes with their own sets of personal problems.

I have a heart for the anti-hero, though, but I don't write them very well. I usually write idealist characters in transition.