Are you easily distracted? | INFJ Forum

Are you easily distracted?

TinyBubbles

anarchist
Oct 27, 2009
MBTI
^.^
Enneagram
People seem to have an almost insatiable appetite for distractions (or is that just me? XD)

I'm on an internet forum when I should be working.

I'm easily disRUPTED... not sure if it is the same thing. It can be very frustrating since here I am trying to focus on a project or on what a person is saying right to my face (and no, I don't had hearing at all), all the other things going on around me are like explosions going off in my head.

Unfortunately, yes. Any meaningful/strange sound, movement, or intrusion into my area is noticed, regardless of how engrossed in a task I was.

ETA: I guess that qualifies as being disrupted, though they're quite similar. Usually if I get distracted from something by following a minor disruption it's because I'm in procrastination mode (doing something that I don't want to do).

Last edited:
Sort of. I don't like doing anyone project for too long, and would rather change between things when I get bored. I can concentrate on completing one task if I must though. But then again, I don't think anyone in my age group or younger is really able to focus anymore. The era of instant communication has seen to it that a lot of us act like we have ADHD. Why anybody would text while driving is beyond me. I mean, in the very least, you could at least wait for a red light is all I'm trying to say here.

Last edited:
Amusingly enough, there is something of a biological basis for being distracted... it saves lives when one, you know, has to fend for themselves in a hostile wilderness. Within a civilization, though, results may vary.

ADD, Dyslexia and I was supposed to be masturbating three hours ago.

Naw, I don't really lose my attention, or lose track of topics. Why have topics anyway? Wait... wtf were we talking about?

I have a tendency to get distracted when I shouldn't be, but I can't seem to get distracted enough when my mind needs it the most.

I should be studying calculus right now, but I am on here (and YouTube and Facebook) lol

I get distracted easily if its too taxing on my brain or it aint interesting enough. or i get bored

I love the distractions of life. It often takes an act of will for me to stay on target, with or without the internet. Life is just so filled with shiny new things, and my head is too full of fragments of ideas >.<

It isn't fair!

But still fun ^_^

I'm easily distracted. There's way too much incoming information from all sides. Sometimes it's really hard for me to concentrate in one when there are others masking it.

Can I be easily distracted? Yes. Do I allow myself to be easily distracted? Nope. When I do not want to be distracted by something, I do the nesscarry things to prevent it from happening. I largely hate being distracted when I do not want to be.

Also, I am surprised no one has posted this yet:
images

Real Life sucks. Its simple as that.

Ha. Most of my distractions come out of my own head... and the quote above explains why.

Although I don't think I'd call it "simple"

Ha. Most of my distractions come out of my own head... and the quote above explains why.

Although I don't think I'd call it "simple"

Your right its not simple. Its more a brutal reality.

Agreed. XD;;; At times. Most of the time it's when that something is, despite the need and importance, NOT INTERESTING. BORING. BLAHBLAHBLAHBOREDOM GYAAAAAH.

People seem to have an almost insatiable appetite for distractions (or is that just me? XD)

Talking about me again?

I am more vulnerable to distractions when under mental stress. I think the need for mourning or the likes takes precedence over most things. It usually means I need rest or a nap.

So it's not just me then. Even I'f I am watching, reading, listening to something I enjoy my head just goes on random wandering even if I do find the thing at hand interesting (for example listening to something then randomly choosing another track).

I know thats kind of vauge but can anyone relate?