Are you childish? | INFJ Forum

Are you childish?

I have my moments.

That's one of the benefits of having children ... the opportunity to be a child all over again and see things through their eyes.

Reactions: knight in battle
It's fun to tease or joke with kids about video games and kids' stuff. Usually, I get a little wild and jumpy when there are kids around. They just have that energy about them, which affects the otherwise dry and serious me.

I talk to other adults sometimes in a childish way. Some of them also do this.

I get a little physically pushy around people for fun, such around my INFJs, INTP, INFP, or ISFP. The INPs have that subtle peaceful nature about them when other people around them are being hysterical. They just kinda stand still and smile shyly. The ISFP and I would sometimes do some simple wrestling or fighting moves on each other.

Is it considered childish to toss your dirty kleenex into a baby stroller as you pass by in the park?
Is it considered childish to color your bedroom wall in crayola scribbles because I pay the bills and can?
Is it considered childish to splash your drink into the face of any stranger in passing who asks you for the time?
If so, then yes.

Last edited:
The other day Korg and I role-played koala and tree.
Not in a sexual way, just in general. I suppose some
would call that "make believe".

Bubble baths. I love me some bubble baths sans candles.

Sometimes I wear striped elbow-length dresses with socks
and sperry's. Drives those pedos I work with wild.

You should hear how I talk to Marcus Farcus and Lilithium.

I still fantasize about hot air balloon rides. Holla.

I've always felt like a big kid. I think I'm very young at heart in many ways. I love waterslides and amusement park rides, colouring in colouring books, very silly things, various kids movies, spontaneous races, many other things...I love to have fun.

I was until I had a child myself. I don't do that anymore.

I don't display childlike behavior but I often have childlike emotional responses. For example, I may overreact or get hurt easily or get easily upset by something simple or become bothered by not having something I wanted. So, yep, a little bit. But instead of throwing a tantrum, I'll become more withdrawn or quiet, and sulk. :D

To the extent that I still play video games and watch cartoons, but even those media have aged along with gen x and gen y. It feels more like nostalgia.

To be honest, childish behavior is of little use. I cringe at the way some people behave, including myself sometimes. I'm more fatherly than anything. Looking to protect and advise 'n all.

I wouldnt say childish...just privately more playful than my first impressions.

Both.

I'm tiny and small, that makes me forever young.
I have baby face, baby voice, and baby body. :m077:

I'm childish sometimes. :m154:

[video=youtube;yGEe_zpddNI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGEe_zpddNI[/video]

Reactions: acd
Not really. I can be impish and silly sometimes but that's it. It never bleeds into the part of me that is responsible for the trajectory of my life.

Is it considered childish to toss your dirty kleenex into a baby stroller as you pass by in the park?
Is it considered childish to color your bedroom wall in crayola scribbles because I pay the bills and can?
Is it considered childish to splash your drink into the face of any stranger in passing who asks you for the time?
If so, then yes.

Nope. That's just being humorous, creative, and emotionally expressive, respectively. :wink:

I'm very playful, but I'm also always on guard and never cross my boundries.

i've been told i'm in touch with both my inner child and feminine sides. yes INTJs have emotions too! in the right company where i feel safe though, i love acting like a playfully goofy kid and giving all of that annoying logic a break. i guess it isn't always endearing though as all it did was annoy the crap out of a clingy, eventually bossy & condescending, gal i was trying to get to know that just kept demanding i "devote my entire life to her and move to mexico right now" who tried to argue with me that arguing SHOULD be a part of any relationship when i'm just not hearing it.

i also still watch saturday morning cartoons, own 3.5 bicycles at the moment and no car, and think society is busted with the naivety that some day everyone will wake up from their stupid instinct driven emotional nihilism and start doing the right thing every once in a while and even fix global warming. i know it's not going to happen, but i still have a shred of idealism left there.