Are you attracted to Ni's supposed mind reading ability? | INFJ Forum

Are you attracted to Ni's supposed mind reading ability?

Discussion in 'Relationships and Sociology' started by la boheme, Jan 11, 2015.

Share This Page

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 3 users.
More threads by la boheme
  1. la boheme

la boheme Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    One ability Ni supposedly has is the ability to read between the lines, so to speak, and intuit hidden motivations, feelings, thoughts, etc. Are you attracted to INXJs because of this quality? Do you like it that Ni "reads" your mind?

Note: this thread is not about whether this ability exists. If you think it exists, that's good enough for present purposes.

2. SpecialEdition

SpecialEdition THANKS RUG

Threads:
    Featured Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ
    Enneagram:
    FEELINGS
    I don't know that I'd call this any kind of special ability. I would just think that people who do this have a specific perspective that allows them to pick up on these more subtle undertones. I think it's just pattern recognition and has nothing to do with the person they are "reading" and more to do with certain behaviours, phrases, patterns, expressions, etc that they have seen in most of the population. To me, that's not mind reading, it's putting 2+2 together to come to a conclusion, which is usually kind of vague but would fit most people.

I do not think people are very individual when it comes to patterns as most of them are conditioned from a young age. It may just so happen that Ni users see this more. Though I would say that INTJ's are less capable of picking up the more nuanced side of the emotional aspect of it, depending on how developed they are.

I find INTJ men and INFJ men to be attractive if they are well developed enough and aren't laden down with a bunch of issues (which most of them are). I think they do have some very particular talents that make them really and truly unique to interact with. Otherwise, I find them interesting but don't want to be close to them because they have a tendency to cling or shut down or have other issues that negatively impact whatever kind of relationship we're in.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    barbad0s likes this.
  3. OP
    la boheme

la boheme Regular Poster

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTP
    Yes, I didn't mean that INFJs or INTJs literally read minds, but that they appear to have this ability even if it actually comes from pattern recognition or some other more mundane source. What are the "particular talents" you speak of?

4. Erlian

Erlian Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    intJ
    Enneagram:
    6>9>8>5>1>2
    No.
    I like FJ types / types with Fe.

Sometimes. It's confronting, but it gives new insights in my own personality.

Misty likes this.
  5. Alomoes

Alomoes Community Member

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INTJ
    Enneagram:
    9w1
    I agree. I know nothing about what you are thinking. I know everything about your hand gesture though. Of note, a lot of my gestures used to be unconscious, but then through lots of research, I learned that palms up means subservience, and palms down means dominance. So now, I do palms up. This is to show the kind of manipulation we do. Still point my finger though when I talk to emphasize and drive the point home. Soon, in several years, my image will be perfected at this rate. Do note, I am quite emotionally underdeveloped. One could argue I'm autistic in this regards. Doesn't matter, I know what I am.

It gets real funny when I'm presented with a situation I don't know about or didn't predict. I'll usually copy the gesture. Such as when I offered a friend to shake my hand, and he rejected by putting his hand to the back of his neck. Laughter ensued. He knew I knew and I knew he knew. Now he isn't a very good friend of mine. Most of my good friends return the gesture to show that they understand, instead of signifying that one is better than the other like the other guy did. >:C

But yeah. This is what I'm thinking in a social circumstance. Can you understand why we have trouble in groups? I imagine this is the same with INFPs, except they are Fi doms, so they are trying to do the opposite of aspergers in this case, focusing on one person's story.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #5 Alomoes, Jan 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  6. origamipuzzleboxes

Threads:
    MBTI:
    INFJ

Misty likes this.