Are most men cheaters? And experiment | INFJ Forum

Are most men cheaters? And experiment

Artemisia

Community Member
May 20, 2014
MBTI
INFJ
Really. I have been conducting an experiment recently. I have been sending loving/flirtatious notes and emails to some of my male friends who have girlfriends. Most of them claim they are in love with their girlfriends. You would be surprised to see how easy it is for them to cheat with another woman if the other woman shows interest in them. 3 out of the 6 live abroad and all three indicated they'd like to come and see me at some point (while being flirtatious themselves). The ones who are here where I live are also responding ecstatically to my giving nature. So while my sample size is small at the moment, that's 6/6 hits so far = 100%.

Remember, all of these guys are professionals (most with MAs or PhDs) and have girlfriends; most of them claim they are in love with them. Yet, if the opportunity of sex with me arose, they'd think nothing of cheating. I could be any woman, not saying that it's because they find me especially hot. They are responding to my supposed interest in them! I'm sick to my stomach. Are most (not all) men THIS selfish?

1) why the fuck are you doing this?
2) why the fuck are you posting this?
3) why the fuck do you think they want to fuck you necessarily just because they are responding positively?

i felt sick to my stomach from reading ur shit. if you think they're selfish from your own conclusions, you are FAR more selfish and inhuman for even attempting to "experiment" on people who are in relationships like this. what a total disregard for people's relationships this is.

you're an idiot. and sexist, too.

Homewrecking in the name of science. What a troll.

Really. I have been conducting an experiment recently. I have been sending loving/flirtatious notes and emails to some of my male friends who have girlfriends.

In the name of science I think you should post said emails....
what are you wearing?

Reactions: Odyne and Rcs6r
Hey, you don't have to name call or call me a troll. I didn't call anyone else names on this forum, and frankly, you don't know me.

That being said, some people will take offense at this. And niffer, yes, these guys do want to fuck me and any other woman that would give them that level of attention. I'm not saying I'm all that; I am just making an observation of male psychology, which doesn't mean that ALL men are like this. If you really ARE 20 years old, you still have a lot to learn.

Last edited:
Whose home did I wreck? I am not the one in a relationship.

Im glad you are able to recognize that you are not the one in a relationship. I think this is very revealing about the type of people you want as a friend.

Hey, you don't have to name call or call me a troll. I didn't call anyone else names on this forum, and frankly, you don't know me.

That being said, some people will take offense at this. And niffer, yes, these guys do want to fuck me and any other woman that would give them that level of attention. I'm not saying I'm all that; I am just making an observation of male psychology, which doesn't mean that ALL men are like this. If you really ARE 20 years old, you still have a lot to learn.

there's a difference between wanting to fuck, and going out and doing it. and guess what, women are entirely capable of being like this too. i'm glad you made that *observation of male psychology* all by yourself.

wow, i don't know you in real life, omg, how frank and profound. we don't have to name call you or call you a troll, but i WANT to and it FITS.

regardless of how old i am, gauging from the intelligent commentary you've made on this forum thus far, i'm sure anyone would say i have less to learn than you.

i don't often call people out for being idiots on the internet. you're just a diamond in the rough.

I think we need to be a little less judgmental here.
Number one. Most men will respond positively to any kind of female attention...that does not mean they will forgo any promises of vows at the drop of a hat.
Most women who cheat never admit to it (i mean never).

If @Artemisia wants to engage in a discussion of this nature we should refrain from abusing her. If you don't like what she is talking about, don't post. It is not wise to flame on a newbie. Let them take stock of the place before getting run out.

Reactions: barbad0s
I think we need to be a little less judgmental here.
Number one. Most men will respond positively to any kind of female attention...that does not mean they will forgo any promises of vows at the drop of a hat.
Most women who cheat never admit to it (i mean never).

If @Artemisia wants to engage in a discussion of this nature we should refrain from abusing her. If you don't like what she is talking about, don't post. It is not wise to flame on a newbie. Let them take stock of the place before getting run out.

bolded is insane and completely contradicts the purpose of an open discussion forum.

look, this is all part of the stock to be taken.

there are tons of threads where noobs are flamed for their stupidity. i don't see why one would be wise to not do so. you probably just want her to stay because she might be another cute girl for you to ogle.

Reactions: say what

You may be deluding yourself. They may simply be interested in you as a person. You cannot conclude that they will go "all the way" (not necessarily to sex, but to that which would be significant betrayal, such as passionate kissing) unless they actually do. In any case, it sounds as none of them were in a committed relationship, like marriage. Additionally, your experiment may say more about the kinds of males that you have as friends than males in general.

Anyhow, being male, I know that all males cannot be cheaters, but what is apparent from your activities is that you are 100% bitch for even attempting to intrude upon other relationships, whatever the motivation.

Reactions: barbad0s
I don't think their response necessarily says they are cheaters. Since they are friends, they may have been interested in you at some point, and without knowing any of your history with them, maybe they were interested in you early on but went on with their lives with other women, never thinking they would have their chance. And now that you are showing interest, they may be thinking it's time to take advantage of the opportunity they've been given to see if something could happen with you. As [MENTION=862]Flavus Aquila[/MENTION] said, chances are they are responding to you not just some woman. It's not fair to them to label them as cheaters, since they're not even aware that the interest is not real. Social experiments like this can be damaging to relationships, and can lead to feelings of distrust. There's a chance of losing good friends because of this.

Reactions: TinyBubbles
I don't think their response necessarily says they are cheaters. Since they are friends, they may have been interested in you at some point, and without knowing any of your history with them, maybe they were interested in you early on but went on with their lives with other women, never thinking they would have their chance. And now that you are showing interest, they may be thinking it's time to take advantage of the opportunity they've been given to see if something could happen with you. As [MENTION=862]Flavus Aquila[/MENTION] said, chances are they are responding to you not just some woman. It's not fair to them to label them as cheaters, since they're not even aware that the interest is not real. Social experiments like this can be damaging to relationships, and can lead to feelings of distrust. There's a chance of losing good friends because of this.

Yes, they were in fact interested in me at some point. A few of them had in fact made it clear. But you see, that's not the point. The point is that even though they are now in relationships with other women, they are still willing to cheat if someone they were interested in shows some interest in them. I'm sure your boyfriend/husband was interested in other women before he met you (and maybe even after), but would you trust him to actually not take the opportunity if the woman was willing? This is food for thought for these men's fidelity to their significant others.

At least someone (I am referring to Pics here) has the decency to not name call and to look at the issue without getting offended. I question the intellectuality of some of the people above who name call. Think before you respond.

Not most men.

ALL the men!

x-all-the-things-template.png

Reactions: DonTaushMe
Yeah, without any specifics, it sounds like you misinterpreted 6/6 emails. Making any conclusions about half the human population after examining six people is silly. Also, you need to control for confounding variables. Like, maybe you like being friends with cheaters.

So let me get this right: you are emotionally manipulating men - via emai/messaging I might add - to see if they remain faithful to their significant others, basing your results on their responses that are also via messages.

How far will you take this? Will you actually try to bed them and then cry foul if they do sleep with you? And these are your FRIENDS?!

If you've had bad experience with men in relationships in the past, I am sorry to hear; there are some among my gender that are bad people. However, what you are doing is not proving anything, except that you are manipulative, and you have immature, untrustworthy friends as well.

No wonder you all get along.

3 out of the 6 live abroad and all three indicated they'd like to come and see me at some point (while being flirtatious themselves). The ones who are here where I live are also responding ecstatically to my giving nature.

I don't think you, the perspn doing the experiment, can decide alone what is flirtatious or not.
If you'd show the message with all personal information removed, we could see if you are onto something.

Remember, all of these guys are professionals (most with MAs or PhDs) and have girlfriends; most of them claim they are in love with them.

They haven't all told you how they really feel about their relationships. I guarantee it.
It's not as black and white as you make out and marriage is supposed to be when you absolutely say 'you're the one for me. Nobody else.'

Yet, if the opportunity of sex with me arose, they'd think nothing of cheating.

Think nothing. Emotive. Hard to prove.
Again, we'd have to see the messages. How many replies before you explicitly made reference to sex with them etc.

I could be any woman, not saying that it's because they find me especially hot.

Not necessarily true. You said they were friends. Who did they think they were talking to?

They are responding to my supposed interest in them! I'm sick to my stomach. Are most (not all) men THIS selfish?

I really hope you told their girlfriends you were doing this. It is a very unscientific way to go about this.
You have the ability (possibly) to cause a lot of trouble and you're clearly too emotionally connected to this issue.

Really. I have been conducting an experiment recently. I have been sending loving/flirtatious notes and emails to some of my male friends who have girlfriends. Most of them claim they are in love with their girlfriends. You would be surprised to see how easy it is for them to cheat with another woman if the other woman shows interest in them. 3 out of the 6 live abroad and all three indicated they'd like to come and see me at some point (while being flirtatious themselves). The ones who are here where I live are also responding ecstatically to my giving nature. So while my sample size is small at the moment, that's 6/6 hits so far = 100%.

Remember, all of these guys are professionals (most with MAs or PhDs) and have girlfriends; most of them claim they are in love with them. Yet, if the opportunity of sex with me arose, they'd think nothing of cheating. I could be any woman, not saying that it's because they find me especially hot. They are responding to my supposed interest in them! I'm sick to my stomach. Are most (not all) men THIS selfish?

I don't think its true that most men are cheaters and selfish.
If the men you emailed to are really in love, or they really love their girlfriends, they are probably just joking and flirting, but will never come to something more serious. They might just think its funny.

But I don't think its a wise thing what you do...it could be that some of these guys are suspecting their girlfriends of cheating (because men can also be jelous for various reasons), and they like to think they are keeping their options opened...or maybe even at some point were really cheated by their girlfriends...and now, stupidly so, they seek to revenge.
So you sending them those notes is like starting a chain fire...not wise, and very selfish in my opinion.