Apostasy...

puzzledheart

Community Member
May 12, 2015
MBTI
INFJ-T
Enneagram
2w1, 6w5, 9w1
As asshole as it sounds, I think the only constructive thing a muslim leader can do is leave Islam behind and move on with a normal life.

Yes, leaving something behind is surely easier when you are dead ("apostasy") ;-)

P.S.: I hit "post new thread" instead of reply. Smart to put both buttons next to each other ;-) Can someone please delete this thread?

Happy mistake.

Apparently a number of Syrians are not-exactly apostatizing from Islam, but are converting to Christianity, citing being sick of the constant conflict arising from Islam. Anecdotally, their departure from local areas and kinsfolk makes it easier to make the choice, free from ostracisation.

In many Islamic countries persistent apostasy is punishable by death - and this apparently has some foundation/justification in their religious books. It is reasonable to expect that the possibility of leaving Islam is probably intensely taboo for most muslims.

I think someone should start a social media campaign to try and break down the taboo - without going so far as to criticise; something like: #It is OK to leave Islam

Last edited: