Aphantasia | INFJ Forum

Aphantasia

hippie

Sep 19, 2021
MBTI
INFJ-T
Aphantasia
Defined as a hypothesized neurological condition where a person does not possess a functioning mind's eye
Cognitive neurologist Professor Adam Zeman, at the University of Exeter Medical School, has revisited the concept of people who cannot visualize,, i always thought people were speaking figuratively not literally seeing images in there heads . can i blame this condition on my INFJ or my ADHD or am i just messed up in the head. lol its funny cuz i can dream when i want about what i want most of the time turn it off and on ,Ex. after my wife and i split up my dreams or thoughts were all of being with another man , so i quit dreaming been 14 month's since ive allowed my self to dream. as far as awake goes i close my eyes darkness is all i see , i have what i consider a very good imagination story teller i am . shame only a few get to here them . i oil paint on canvas ,every one starts with a line or two , than take off from there never know what or how the painting is going to look until it is done or where i consider it done , but enjoy it havent missed 10 days of painting in 5 years . after realizining people can use there minds eye i wanted to also and hoped painting would help , sucks really my wife has only been gone 14 months i miss her so but cant see her face or the faces of my past relatives , i only get to see every thing once . unless revisited of course. as far as memory closing my eyes and reliving a cetain experance or even fantasizing nothing . any thoughts

Reactions: Wyote