Anywhere But Here | INFJ Forum

Anywhere But Here

invisible

On Holiday
Sep 30, 2009
Avalon Archipelago
MBTI
none
in the show "buffy the vampire slayer", buffy plays a game with her friends willow and xander called "anywhere but here". in this game, each of the players shares a romantic fantasy about where they would rather be and with whom. i'm bored of silently playing this game alone so i decided to start this thread.

i don't think the theme really has to be romantic. maybe you'd rather be on an exciting archaeological dig with indiana jones. and it doesn't have to be a fantasy person you're with - maybe you'd rather be at home with your family, or on a date with your wife. and it doesn't even have to involve another person - maybe you'd rather be alone on a deserted beach listening to the sounds of the surf.

i don't know if this thread is really a good idea. it's pretty self-indulgent. but we all wish we were somewhere else sometimes. and i don't think it hurts that much. sometimes it can help to escape the grind for a moment. i guess if it's a bad idea it will die and get archived.

oh yeah - and regardless we all agree, that these forums are a pretty good place to be.

Last edited:
I'd almost always rather be back on the west coast of Ireland, although I do consider myself fortunate to have ever been there at all.

what was it like when you were there?
It was like being at the end of the world. The weather's many moods, the quiet lush landscape, the natively quirky people, a certain timelessness...part of me is still there I am sure.

Quite different from where I live in DFW. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Gaze
Ahhh, imagination exercise stretch... :D

Hmmm, I'm at Richard Branson's island, in the bathroom, sitting in a hot tub, with some dreamy cocktail delivered by even more dreamy guy, reading a book and occasionally taking a break just to look at the beautiful blue horizon. Ahhh, good times :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Jet and Gaze
doing an EVA in earth orbit, seeing three sunrises in 30 minutes, with Shatner for company, "singing" Rocketman and other selected hits

Reactions: Jet
In my meadow with Edward

Reactions: James
On an tropical island just off the coast of some European country . . . lying on a gorgeous white sandy beach, sipping white chocolate mocha lattee, looking at the waves, feeling the warm breeze rushing in while I close my eyes and rest . . . alone, in a dream.

Reactions: Siamese cat
The lake, in the morning, alone.

doing an EVA in earth orbit, seeing three sunrises in 30 minutes, with Shatner for company, "singing" Rocketman and other selected hits

[MENTION=3252]Praefect[/MENTION] With them.

Reactions: Praefect
when i was in middle school i used to take this old beat up sled my dad had bought me and cruise around my neighbors trails until one night i stumbled up on this roundish open field completely surrounded by bare trees and a few sagging telephone poles. i remember i parked the sled and walked into the middle and lay down on my back in the snow drifts and hung out for awhile in the silence and cold, looking at the the clear sky and stars.

at the time i had this crush on who i referred to in my journal as "the redhaired girl" bc i didn't know her name. but i remember afterwards sometimes i would fantasize about bringing her there and in my mind we would just hang out and talk, look at the stars with snowsuits on and the whole nine yards, not really say much or do anything but just be together.

so thats my fantasy, i'd be 14 again sporting a rusted yamaha sled on a back country trail, cruising through the snowcapped evergreens in search of my field with a redhaired girl on the back.

drinking martinis with carrie bradshaw in a bar that i don't understand. hearing about her latest trivial drama and thinking that i don't have to go to work in the morning.

Somewhere in a cold hotel room, where I could go back to bed and actually get some rest.

Reactions: invisible
The junkyard from my old neighborhood, with a few of my band friends playing tag or sparring or laying on the giant bent oil can looking at the sky and talking in the middle of a warm summer new moon night.

Speeding down a Canadian glacier on two planks of wood.

On one of those fancy European river cruises, sitting on a private balcony on a boat.

Driving a jeep through the Mojave, Nevada.

Eating the most expensive vanilla ice cream ever in a very fancy restaurant.

Burrowing my toes into the wet sand at the shoreline as the breakers wash over my ankles while the sun sets over the ocean.

Anywhere on earth, I could be with her..