Anyone write in any programming language? If so, what language and why. | INFJ Forum

Anyone write in any programming language? If so, what language and why.

donaldmull

Donor
Feb 22, 2011
MBTI
ESFJ
Enneagram
The Protector
This is for those of you who like to program.

c#
These days, it's more about the framework/libraries than the language. In my case, it's the development environment (Visual Studio), the framework, then the language.
I can't tolerate anymore, typing in some brain-dead notepad-like "IDE" that feels dead. It doesn't help me, and I really don't feel like remembering names of classes/methods/namespaces. I need to focus on solve problems in my application, not my compiler.

I tend to think that libraries/frameworks in other languages are poorly architected. If your class has over 100 methods (functions), properties and fields (variables), you're doing something wrong. It comes of as non-modular. I've seen this in Cocoa and Java. I've seen some really shitty libraries in Java, that it makes me wonder why people like this language.

In my experience, microsoft developer community is more focused on application architecture than what I've seen on the open source community. I can easily find mircosoft tutorials and videos where architecture is considered. I try to dabble in other languages, but it seems like the wild wild west where anything goes, and there's no organization.

c#
These days, it's more about the framework/libraries than the language. In my case, it's the development environment (Visual Studio), the framework, then the language.
I can't tolerate anymore, typing in some brain-dead notepad-like "IDE" that feels dead. It doesn't help me, and I really don't feel like remembering names of classes/methods/namespaces. I need to focus on solve problems in my application, not my compiler.

I tend to think that libraries/frameworks in other languages are poorly architected. If your class has over 100 methods (functions), properties and fields (variables), you're doing something wrong. It comes of as non-modular. I've seen this in Cocoa and Java. I've seen some really shitty libraries in Java, that it makes me wonder why people like this language.

In my experience, microsoft developer community is more focused on application architecture than what I've seen on the open source community. I can easily find mircosoft tutorials and videos where architecture is considered. I try to dabble in other languages, but it seems like the wild wild west where anything goes, and there's no organization.

I feel your pain. I stepped away from Visual Studio and started writing my own Roms for my android device. Seems more fun, AND I get to use it everyday!