Anyone working with HR? | INFJ Forum

Anyone working with HR?

Sunnyshine

Dec 22, 2018
Norway
MBTI
INFJ
Hi!
I’m wondering if there is any INFJ that work with HR and leadership development? I’m now working with HR but I’m may get a promotion. Then I will work with leadership development, have presentation in front of many people and managers, handle personnel issues, recruitment etc.

My inner mind is telling me that I can not declined such offer, but all of me is feeling anxiety and I’m not sure if I would feel comfortable to have such kind of position. I never liked presentations and that is probably the worst! Is there any INFJ that have this Kind of position and do you like to work with that?

As an INFJ I always feel guilty and that nothing that I do is good enough (working on it)

I’m just desperate for advice!

Reactions: Wyote
30593322_241063283126820_3656276045285294080_n.jpg

Reactions: Wyote and jn56uytrx
@Sunnyshine - Take the job. It may not be the best fit for you, but the experience will help you get a job that truly suits you. It's easier to get the job you want if you already have a powerful job. It will show you can handle the pressure and responsibility and deserve that level of prestige and pay. You said your 'inner mind' is telling you to do it, so deep down you know it is the right thing to do. You will grow into the job.

My inner mind is telling me that I can not declined such offer, but all of me is feeling anxiety and I’m not sure if I would feel comfortable to have such kind of position. I never liked presentations and that is probably the worst! Is there any INFJ that have this Kind of position and do you like to work with that?

As an INFJ I always feel guilty and that nothing that I do is good enough (working on it)

I do not work in HR, but another interpersonal support position that often requires me to do things outside my comfort zone.

1) I could relate to your description of anxiety and not feeling good enough. I, personally, feel that way professionally despite lots of evidence indicating I perform excellently at my job. I suspect you are similar. If so, the work is to actively remind yourself of that evidence to counteract the trick your mind plays on you by focusing too much on "not good enough"/improvement vs leaning into strength.

2) If you do struggle with public speaking, it is in the doing it that you will improve. I lead groups and initially I was so frozen I couldn't speak at all. Now I do fine. It's still stressful for me and not my favorite part of the job, but I do it well.

I very much believe that if you want the job (and I take inner voice guidance very seriously!), you can do it. No question. There may be a learning curve, but that's growth, right? The main question is, do you want it? If so, do it and the rest will follow.

I would also add that early in my life I made a career path that was based on practicality and logic and didn't trust myself. It was a very good decision on paper, but a very poor decision for me. I would encourage you to do the hard thing if it moves you toward your passion, your values, but to put your energy elsewhere if it does not take you toward something meaningful to you-no matter how good it looks on paper.

Reactions: Wyote