Anyone interested in starting a reading group for the book: "Meeting the Shadow" | INFJ Forum

Anyone interested in starting a reading group for the book: "Meeting the Shadow"

jupiterswoon

Permanent Fixture
Mar 30, 2012
MBTI
ISFP
Enneagram
I recently started this book, and I thought it would be fun to share quotes, thoughts, and related articles sources of information.

This book is basically a compilation of articles written by second and third generation Jungians, and some articles from Jung as well. It seems like a good read so far, I'll include a little snippet...

"A right relationship with the shadow offers us a great gift: to lead us back to our buried potentials. Through shadow work a term we coined to refer to the continuing effort to develop a creative relationship with the shadow, we can:

achieve a more genuine self-acceptance, based on a more complete knowledge of who we are

defuse the negative emotions that erupt unexpectedly in our daily lives

feel more free of guilt and shame associated with our negative feelings and actions

recognize the projections that color our opinions of others

heal our relationships through more honest self-examination and direct communication

and use the creative imagination via dreams, drawing, writing, and rituals to own the disowned self

Perhaps in this way we can also refrain from adding our personal darkness to the density of the collective shadow."

Dig in!

Reactions: Stu
It sounds interesting, but alas I don't have a copy of this book. I will soak up your snippets instead.