Anyone does beading? | INFJ Forum

Anyone does beading?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Anyone here does beading (jewelry, pendants, necklaces, hand bracelets, etc.} for hobby or business? How did you start? What are some tricks of the trade when making and selling your products?

I've started beading recently, and love it. Great creative outlet. Post your own work here if you like.

What are some tricks of the trade when making and selling your products?
Research, research, research. ;) There are so many individuals trying to break into the jewelry makng market that some areas are flooded with it. This makes any type of sales that much harder.

This can be said for arts & crafts in general. Having a 'line' of product to solidify sales while having a few unique things I have found works best. Also, if you're setting up a display...nestle a $100 item in between two $25 items and you'd be shocked at how many times the consumer will buy the $100 item ;) . Many find that doing what you love, doing it well, and the money will follow. Finding a good repeat customer base helps when sales slow down. And, having patience.;)
I've started beading recently, and love it. Great creative outlet.
This is wonderful! Will you share some of your work with us here? Enjoy. :D

Research, research, research. ;) There are so many individuals trying to break into the jewelry makng market that some areas are flooded with it. This makes any type of sales that much harder.

This can be said for arts & crafts in general. Having a 'line' of product to solidify sales while having a few unique things I have found works best. Also, if you're setting up a display...nestle a $100 item in between two $25 items and you'd be shocked at how many times the consumer will buy the $100 item ;) . Many find that doing what you love, doing it well, and the money will follow. Finding a good repeat customer base helps when sales slow down. And, having patience.;)

This is wonderful! Will you share some of your work with us here? Enjoy. :D

Great advice. Agree! Thanks @Sandie33 :) I am part of a meetup for women doing these kinds of arts and crafts, offering business support and creative ideas. And just came back from it this evening. I made my first sale tonight because I brought samples of what I did and it went over well. So, that was pretty awesome. :)

Great advice. Agree! Thanks @Sandie33 :) I am part of a meetup for women doing these kinds of arts and crafts, offering business support and creative ideas. And just came back from it this evening. I made my first sale tonight because I brought samples of what I did and it went over well. So, that was pretty awesome. :)
That is very awesome Gale!!!
you are welcome, hoping it pays well for you, not just monetarily :crazyhug:

Years ago, I used to sell jewelry and beads I made on Etsy. I started making paper beads out of paint swatches and junk mail. I used Mod Podge to seal the beads and years later, they are still durable. I didn't make a killing, but it was a really fun hobby. I don't have a lot of time to devote to it these days. Here are some pics I used to have up when my site was active:
ewOR8la.jpg

NahJRVN.jpg

Jj25tue.jpg

uHv7KLX.jpg

ive been doing some beading too. my sister asked me to make some rosary bracelet as a token/giveaway for her daughter's christening/baptism. it is fun and good outlet/distraction. and practice for patience

Agree @Bellosome. It is calming and relaxing. So creative @acd! :)

Thing is, I'm still an amateur, so the endings are not perfect. Still neat to perfect the art of neat ends. Hardest part it seems.

Years ago, I used to sell jewelry and beads I made on Etsy. I started making paper beads out of paint swatches and junk mail. I used Mod Podge to seal the beads and years later, they are still durable. I didn't make a killing, but it was a really fun hobby. I don't have a lot of time to devote to it these days. Here are some pics I used to have up when my site was active:
ewOR8la.jpg

NahJRVN.jpg

Jj25tue.jpg

uHv7KLX.jpg
These are amazing! What a great idea too :)

Reactions: Gaze
get ideas from e-momma @Sandie33 and more practice! im sure you'll perfect it soon!

Reactions: Gaze and Sandie33
Beautiful Gale. Well done, and great choice in colors:)

Beautiful Gale. Well done, and great choice in colors:)

Thanks Sandie :). My absolutely favorite part is putting various colors together, especially similar tones or strong color contrasts. It's so much fun. :D

Reactions: Sandie33
Everyone, please feel free to post your own beading crafts in this thread, whether or not you're actively pursuing it. Let's ooh and ahh at what you've done. :)

Beautiful Gale! I love the butterfly and owl pendents. Thankyou for sharing :) Do you do earrings as well?

Beautiful Gale! I love the butterfly and owl pendents. Thank you for sharing :) Do you do earrings as well?

Thanks TinyBubbles. :) No, I haven't tried earrings. Just necklaces and hand bracelets. Trying to perfect those first.

Reactions: TinyBubbles