Any major personal changes in the last year? | INFJ Forum

Any major personal changes in the last year?

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
Any major changes in the last year for you personally?

How did they affect you or your life?

Any lessons learned from them?

Last edited:
Reactions: rawr
question edited for clarity :)

I came out to a few people.

After a year of university, I've started to realize that the whole grading system is pointless and that thinking your getting ahead by getting better grades in high school isn't how it actually works. Getting good grades just means you got he questions right, not that you understood the ideas. Sure, you might get into a better school with them but, again, a better school doesn't ensure that you actually become smarter and more well rounded/adjusted.

I realized no med school for me.

And that's about it.

Well. A major change I had planned was to get out more. I haven't done it. The inertia is too much.

Lessons learned

* The past should remain there.
* I don't miss people as much as I miss touch. (Yeah! I'm shocked too.)
* Facebook's like drugs. Don't do it.
* Smiles make me feel warm.
* Shiny new things make people smile at you. It's less effort than being social.

Reactions: Gaze
As I just wrote in TDHT topic, something has changed. I still can't define it well..I become more close to me...

A few people began to really open up to me, and I, for the first time in my life, began to reciprocate that, and from it I started to develop the kind of friendships and relationships that are actually fulfilling to me, anyway.

It made me feel more valued and important, and allowed me a constructive way to vent instead of just becoming an asshole, and gave a way to slowly tell the secrets that were driving me insane with guilt and worry. It also probably stopped me from committing suicide.

I learned that I can't handle everything on my own yet, and even though I'd like to be capable of it, I'd rather have a very close friend or two that I can open up to when the need arises. I also learned that I love it when people confide in me.

Reactions: not sure and Gaze