anti-racist campaigners stop production raising awareness of historic racism | INFJ Forum

anti-racist campaigners stop production raising awareness of historic racism

Lark

Rothchildian Agent
May 9, 2011
MBTI
ENTJ
Enneagram
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...y-the-barbican-following-protest-9753519.html

I want to talk about this, an anti-racist pressure group succeeds in pressurising an arts company into closing down a production raising an awareness about historic racism because they found it offensive.

This production was not illegal, it was not breeching any legislation about obscenity or prohibiting hate crimes but these private citizens believed that their being personally offended was grounds enough to enforce censorship.

This was not boycott, this not encouraging of people to refrain from seeing the production but action to prevent its screening at all, they have said it was the arts company's decision not to screen the production, not theirs, and also that it was a consequence of police concerns about protest in the choosen venue jeopardising public safety but I think this misses the mark, they are excusing the success of their censorious action, second to this I've heard a radio piece in which their leader felt the amount of signatures to a petition finding it offensive justified their cause too. Mob rule is no real endorsement I would suggest.

What are you opinions? Isnt being offended someone's own affair? Should the public or state be expected to validate or censor opinions which are lawful but cause some people offense?

Stop hand wringing!

Whats the point of talking about these things online?

You are just being like any other opposition group in history!

Besides you seem to be playing ego games with some posters on the forum (who were here long before you came here)