Anima/Animus so-called by some thinkers: want to discuss it with each other? | INFJ Forum

Anima/Animus so-called by some thinkers: want to discuss it with each other?

just me

Feb 8, 2009
MBTI
infj
copied from Wikipedia: In the book The Invisible Partners it is said that the key to controlling one's anima/animus is to recognize it when it manifests and exercises our ability to discern the anima/animus from reality.....Anyone here ever dream about a man/woman one has never met, only to meet the same person the next day? If the repressed sensitivity of a man manifests itself in a dream, would the person dreamed about that was met the next day be a sign of psychic sensitivity? I ask it that way because other thoughts in psychology and such might say "impossible".

copied from Wikipedia: In the book The Invisible Partners it is said that the key to controlling one's anima/animus is to recognize it when it manifests and exercises our ability to discern the anima/animus from reality.....Anyone here ever dream about a man/woman one has never met, only to meet the same person the next day? If the repressed sensitivity of a man manifests itself in a dream, would the person dreamed about that was met the next day be a sign of psychic sensitivity? I ask it that way because other thoughts in psychology and such might say "impossible".

Yes.

Or a way I like to think of it is - the man dreamed of the person because he expanded his consciousness/awareness into time and saw them coming.

One thing I know about dreams is that the brain has a difficult time with actual consistent detail during the time of the dream, such as who a person is or what they look like, and the brain stabilizes the memory and makes sense of it some time after the fact.

This is actually part of the key to lucid dreaming - when you start noticing faceless people or things that are always changing a little bit, in shape or size for example, or you're trying to read a text and you can't actually read it clearly no matter how hard you try some times, or you look at a clock and can't tell what time it is or if you look at it again the time is nonsensically different. This happens because the part of your brain that handles these details is sleeping and not aware, which leads one to fill in and solidify the details with something some time after waking up.

Most people are not aware that this is occurring but if you can become aware of it you can use this knowledge to know that you're in a dream while you are dreaming it.

One cynical explanation would be that you met someone fleetingly before, or just passed them on the street, and there was subconscious attraction that you didn't notice (like their scent or something). Even though you don't remember the person, they're still in your subconscious, so you dream about them. And then you happen to run into them again after having the dream, and think you psychically predicted it because they're your soul mate, when it's just a case of faulty memory and basic attraction.

...Not to put a damper on your romantic ideas. ^_^;
The person had just moved from many, many miles away.

Last edited:
One cynical explanation would be that you met someone fleetingly before, or just passed them on the street, and there was subconscious attraction that you didn't notice (like their scent or something). Even though you don't remember the person, they're still in your subconscious, so you dream about them. And then you happen to run into them again after having the dream, and think you psychically predicted it because they're your soul mate, when it's just a case of faulty memory and basic attraction.

...Not to put a damper on your romantic ideas. ^_^;

This would account for... "Wow, we've been in so many of the same places at the same time. How did we never meet each other before? We are so perfect for each other. This just proves that we were meant to be together and just kept missing each other all these years."

For me this often sounds something like, "Wow, you saw Queensryche opening for Maiden, too?" Something like that.