j e s s i e

Buried Myself Alive
Donor
Mar 2, 2010
MBTI
xNFP
Enneagram
6w5
Singer Amy Winehouse, 27, has been found dead at her north London home.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman confirmed that a 27-year-old woman had died in Camden and that the cause of death was as yet unexplained.

London Ambulance Service said it had been called to the flat at 1554 BST and sent two vehicles but the woman died.

Her record label Universal called her "a gifted musician, artist and performer", adding: "Our prayers go out to Amy's family, friends and fans."

The troubled singer had a long battle with drink and drugs which overshadowed her recent musical career. She pulled out of a comeback tour last month.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14262237

The 27 Club has a new member. RIP, Amy.

Reactions: Feelings
It's such a shame, though I honestly cannot say I'm surprised. The lady was struggling with her own alcoholic and drug-related demons for a long time now. I'm just sorry she didn't win the battle.

RIP

Sad. RIP Amy. Sorry you left us so soon.

Didn't see this one coming. Guess I should have. It's weird watching her music vids now. She's my age too. Makes a guy think.....

Reactions: aerosol
RIP Amy.

I agree with everyone else - completely and utterly unsurprising. I knew it was an inevitability that she would waste her talent and die of an overdose or some other drug related incident. It's so sad that she was never able to get over her drug addiction. :( She had such a wonderful voice and a great musical style - I loved the Back to Black album.

Well, I am neither sad or surprised that this happened. Celebrity deaths just don't get to me. They're just people who happen to be known by a lot of other people.

Well, I am neither sad or surprised that this happened. Celebrity deaths just don't get to me. They're just people who happen to be known by a lot of other people.

I am sad when non-celebrity people die too. I'm not exactly crying or anything, but I am definitely sad about it.

For once I care, and that's cuz I watch her vids :D

Should have gone to rehab afterall.

[video=youtube;JaHXjuZm1g8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaHXjuZm1g8[/video]

Its frustrating and saddening to hear that her demons won. Another individual with such great talent lost to us and yet, at the end of the day we (the public) were the ones that contributed to her death.

she had an extremely rare voice, as contralto voices in general tend to be (i just learned this in my humanities class).

i'm wearing my hair beehive style today as a tribute.

More for booing her off stage.

Nah, I disagree with this to be honest. As far as I am aware of, most of the booing off stages occurred when Amy was too drunk or high off whatever drugs she was taking to perform a set, she'd forget the words to her own songs and leave early. If I had paid a decent amount to see her perform, I'd be pretty pissed off too.

Reactions: Feelings and bamf
More for booing her off stage.
lol
i don't think her fans should be held accountable for that
i mean maybe, but there's 293813734783855785 other things AHEAD of that that are more significant contributing factors
#1 factor probably being ms. winehouse herself
i'm sure people were trying to help her with her addiction
but there's only so much OTHER people can do

lol
i don't think her fans should be held accountable for that
i mean maybe, but there's 293813734783855785 other things AHEAD of that that are more significant contributing factors
#1 factor probably being ms. winehouse herself
i'm sure people were trying to help her with her addiction
but there's only so much OTHER people can do

True, but with her being psychically and psychologically vulnerable she shouldn't even of been out on stage to begin with. Though she pretty much killed herself, there are others that probably didn't help with the situation.

I’m gutted.

Namaste,
Ian

I loved the music she brought into this world, regardless of if it was drug induced or not. She was a beautiful voice and not only that but I feel saddened that she will no longer create.

One of my favorites

[video=youtube;4L9-AvjsB6g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L9-AvjsB6g[/video]

RIP Amy