Am I intp, istp, intj or istj ? | INFJ Forum

Am I intp, istp, intj or istj ?

eleesa

Two
Mar 23, 2015
MBTI
Ixxx
Hi, I'm really interested in MBTI and this is my first thread.
I always take different mbti tests, and the result is usually INTP and sometimes INTJ.
But the first time I took mbti, I was typed as an ISTP.

I love on-line quizzes so much and usually when I take a "which character from____(a film) are you" test, and I see my result, I go to find out what his/her MBTI type is and it's usually ISTJ or sometimes INTJ.

Between E and I, I guess I'm an introvert, because I need alone time a lot and when I'm in university or at a party for long hours, I lose energy and become cold, detached and impatient. I hate on_line chatting(specially group chatting with my peers), texting and phone calls. I'm awful at small talk. I'm really cold and detached and a little shy/socially anxious(uncomfy) in most places and don't know what to talk about (specially around serious ppl or introverts) unless I'm around close relatives or my best friend, or that person is really warm, talkative and friendly.cause around them, I can be cheerful and witty at the right time. Besides I really love being around my close relatives for a long time. so idk if I'm an introvert, or an extrovert with anxiety or fear of rejection.

also when typing myself, I realize that I'm too N to be S, but too S to be N!!!
I mean, I love thinking about some theories and sci-fi Ideas or abnormal questions. For example 4th dimension, Darwin's theory, If life exists in other planets/galaxies, If UFO exists, etc.
But I love sensory activities too. But it depends. Sometimes I have to be at uni for long hours and that makes me tired. But on other days, I NEED to go out and have fun. But I can go out and have fun mostly with close family members ,best friends or warm and talkative new friends (and sometimes but rarely, alone)
Otherwise I might say yes to pretend I'm friendly, but may skip it or wish that it gets cancelled.
And I usually go out alone when I have a goal, like buying someone a present, going to gym or a class, etc.
And yeah, I can sometimes be lazy when continuing going to a class, but I enjoy new activities, physically or practical.(Like gym, dancing, zumba, soccer, cooking weird dishes or making desserts, travelling, sight seeing, etc)
But I have to mention that I'm not the best person at sports.
And I also love some N activities (surfing the net, watching films or YouTube videos, thinking, daydreaming, planning, reading, learning new languages or cultures, etc)
And I love staying home after a busy day at uni.

Between T and F, Idk which one I really am, and test results usually say T. But then again, most MBTI tests have obvious questions about T/F function (like ; do you like to be rational or considerate !!!), so I might be biased answering them.
But if it helps, I'm really thin-skinned and OCD. I can get really upset by a person's sarcasm, gesture, seriousness, banter or jokes, talks, etc. And I usually analyze them in a negative way and become extremely depressed and broken. But I keep it to myself and never tell that person or others a thing. And wherever I go, I try to read ppl's mind (about myself) in a negative way and it makes me anxious and unconfident.

Between P and J...Idk...I'm not really decisive in most cases. When buying a new smartphone, I can't decide which one to pick easily, Idk which food/dessert to order, I can't choose between Xbox or PS, I can't choose which color of something to pick easily,etc.
I'm usually a little late for important events or classes.
And when I was a teenager, I rarely procrastinated and first studied/did my homework and then did other things. But now, I procrastinate a lot.
But I kinda like to-do lists, planning and organizing. And when a plan /schedule changes or doesn't go the way I had planned, I get really impatient and angry.

I think on-line mbti quizzes and cognitive functioning tests don't help me. Their questions are too obvious but too general that most of my true answers are "Idk, It depends, etc".

Please ask me some tricky questions and help me type myself.

Istj

I think MBTI is sketchy considering the various stages in life. Just because you are a "planner and dreamer" doesn't necessarily mean that you are an intuitive. It means you are a 20 year old with your whole life ahead of you and you need to make goals for your future. Here is my question to you: do you consider yourself an innovator? Do you think you have the capability to create new inventions? Do you enjoy debating with others (not arguing, but debating ... where you could go on for hours.) If you answered yes to all of those, then quite certainly you could be an intuitive. Sensors love culture, history, learning languages, etc. These are not interests for intuitives only. One thing that introverted sensors do (especially the ISFJ like myself) is take past experiences and relate them to new experiences. We see patterns. If you can't relate to that, it might be that you are young still and need more experiences behind you.

To me the Perceiving and Judging function is a weight of your flexibility. If you are rigid, punctual, need to be to your appointments ahead of time (and it causes you grief if you are late), need to have planned vacations, etc ... these are signs you are a J. A Perceiver is far more flexible, spontaneous, isn't bothered by showing up late or following through.

With what you stated regarding your feelings, over-analyzing what someone has said to you at this point in your life is because of your age. You are still trying to find yourself and where you fit in this world (just like having to know your MBTI.)

Honestly, do this: Aside from your original post ... write something else. There is so much that can be noticed about your MBTI by the way you write and the things that you say (and how long you want to make it.)

Consider too that you can have an even balance of functions.

Your post is too long to be an S.

Reactions: jyrffw54

I keep thinking the same thing, but I think that route is a blindspot due to the post not giving feedback towards the reaction of ISTJ.

Your post is too long to be an S.

That seems true as well. I think the post might be INFP. Inferior Te would result in the post being exceedingly complex.

Last edited:
Ok, so if you're too N to be S and too S to be N, you're probably an IXXP of some sort. So going by your logic, and not focusing as heavily on functions as letters, we're now between ISTP and INTP...Perhaps you are a Ti dominant of some sort.

I think you can be INTJ. To be sure about that you can read the cognitive functions and the ways they work. We have 8 cognitive functions. Most of activities which you consider as S-type activities are Se (one of the 8 functions). Se is the inferior and last cognitive functiins in INTJs. Which means that INTJs can also do Se-type activities when they are anxious or nervous or they want to have fun. Se is also the second function in ISTPs. But really think youre not P. And you have the EXTROVERTED THINKING (Te) which is the second function in INTJ. If you want to be sure about your type just read 8 cognitive functions (Ni,Si,Ne,Se,Ti,Te,Fi,Fe)