Advice the youngster

Yusuf

Community Member
Jan 18, 2020
MBTI
Infj
Enneagram
Helper
Would you rather take a career that resembles your purpose in life knowing that there will less chances i will be hired, or take a career you are good at but you don't find really interesting with more job opportunities?

Take the career that will provide the most learning opportunity in the area you feel most resembles your purpose.
If more job opportunity means more learning opportunity, then the path is clear.
If you are restricting your learning opportunities because you can't position yourself in the ideal place right now, then you must move along the path of learning opportunity.

Eliminate distractions, stay curious, love wisdom, fix yourselves, ask for guidance, play games not so often, save money, sleep early, work out, drink plenty of water, eat healthy food, improve social skills, do more research, have self-respect, and above all, have faith in God.

If you can take both, take both. But in the end bills will always have to be paid, so do what is necessary so you can have the resources to do what you enjoy or are passionate about.

I had a choice of degree at University - I wanted to do either Archeology (because of my love of history) or AI and Cybernetics (due to love of computers).

I went with AI because getting jobs with a History degree can be very difficult.

At Uni 2 of my housemates had Archeology degrees. One stayed in Academia and got a Phd, the other ended in a min wage job in a local store.

If you have something you want to do with your life, figure out the tools you need to get it. If you need knowledge get that, if you need money, plan around that.

Your life is yours, but in my experience it helps to have an eye on the future so even if you stumble and life goes badly for some reason, you have a strong foundation to rebuild on.

Reactions: Yusuf