Advice: Ever worked as an editor or are familiar with the position? | INFJ Forum

Advice: Ever worked as an editor or are familiar with the position?

Soulful

life is good
Nov 18, 2008
MBTI
I'm not quite sure how to structure my application for an editing position. This is a volunteer position for a graduate level student publiciation -- apparetly a successful one. I don't have prior editing experience, but I would really like to gain some. Does any have tips for what kinds of skills, in addition to communication and the typical set of transferable skills (organization, reliability, hard working, etc.) are valued in the field? Or what is valued by the field?
I'll google this as well, of course. Still, I welcome a chance to chat about it. :)

There are government website usually connected to unemployment sites thEN list job descriptions. If I recall the site name I will post it.

Reactions: Soulful
I'm not quite sure how to structure my application for an editing position. This is a volunteer position for a graduate level student publiciation -- apparetly a successful one. I don't have prior editing experience, but I would really like to gain some. Does any have tips for what kinds of skills, in addition to communication and the typical set of transferable skills (organization, reliability, hard working, etc.) are valued in the field? Or what is valued by the field?
I'll google this as well, of course. Still, I welcome a chance to chat about it. :)

I was Assistant Editor of our college paper and a lot of what they look for is integrity in what you are writing, leadership abilities to go after stories, diligence in working, and teamwork since you will be working with a lot of creative and passionate people. I am extremely responsible as well. I hope that kind of answered your question or at least gave you ideas to work with. :D Good luck!