adaptating to survive | INFJ Forum

adaptating to survive

hippie

Sep 19, 2021
MBTI
INFJ-T
internally lost introvert , read's as odd as it sounded . will try to keep short no promises .
im a 47 year old man who has not lived your typical American dream , from death twice ,neglect,abuse,foster care(3 different families) last generation of the busing program(bused white kids to black schools and vice versa desegregation ) you get the ideal . i have very few memories of a child ,i assume i have blocked them for my own good ,if they were worth remembering i would . i read an postl on "introvertdear.com/" nice site my opinion. this post mentioned the INFJ being like a chameleon . the more i thought about this it seem to be since a young child till last year . my life has been dictated by some one else, or i adapted myself to those around me so as not to rock the boat. i found myself bartending when the oil patch slowed down and couldnt help but think that was out of character ,but was really good at it any person man or woman could walk up to the bar and by the time they ordered i could hold a short conversation . worked out well when came to tips . i always had a full bar and would carry 5 10 15 different conversations each different than the next. but when i returned hom was exahusted head felt inflated . by morning all good and off to do it again. funny i accoplished this while high and half drunk not only did they tip but bought drinks . is this just one of my survival tactics or a trait ??? or can everyone addapt to a vast number of situations and overcome (survive) them so quickly ??? just curious ( went back to the patch as quickly as i could only had to deal with 4 men there and most of the time none ) so im wondering now that i find myself all alone why do i not know who i am . have i really been living the lives of others just so i wouldnt stand out ,im not scared of anything or am i scared of everything ??? "adapt and over come " is something i say quite often along with " i told you ", "i called that from the start ". " i keep saying but you wont liston ". i told you that wolud happen" or "see what did i tell you ". people dont like that much . i read somewhere " if you knew why didnt you tell me ? reply "would you have belived me if i did "lol

I wouldn't call it surviving but just scrapping by if even that much as one can't keep going on the blow and booze until some organ decides to give out. As for losing self and sense of self good luck as that is a world of struggle as many are coming to terms with in current society.

Reactions: Jexocuha and Wyote
I wouldn't call it surviving but just scrapping by if even that much as one can't keep going on the blow and booze until some organ decides to give out. As for losing self and sense of self good luck as that is a world of struggle as many are coming to terms with in current society.
thank you for your honesty , be nice if 371,824,587 of North America's population was just half as honest what a place this would be .( not to sound like an ass but i do go by the name hippie , and dont forget rock and roll ) but belive you me scrapping by is a hell of a lot better than the alternative .just the thoughts and actions of a society abused man , but not a beaten one . Tomorrow , just like every sunrise is the start of a new day . thanks for the like and reply. Hippie

Reactions: Jexocuha
thank you for your honesty , be nice if 371,824,587 of North America's population was just half as honest what a place this would be .( not to sound like an ass but i do go by the name hippie , and dont forget rock and roll ) but belive you me scrapping by is a hell of a lot better than the alternative .just the thoughts and actions of a society abused man , but not a beaten one . Tomorrow , just like every sunrise is the start of a new day . thanks for the like and reply. Hippie

Yea could be worse but eventually you'll have to come off those things. As for society I don't give it much track left before it crashes through the bump stop then it gets to be a big scare for all of us if it doesn't change soon.

sorry that was way to short , to amend my previous reply , what i should have said was you forgot my favorite sex and rock and roll. i can honestly say after 30 years of marriage i was loyaly and faithfull for all 27 years .... just joking i never once strayed, nor can i blame the universe or society for the man i became . that being said she is the one who passed away and for a man married at the age of 17 am lost in this world and just trying to find my way . i dont even know how to cook , and with no friends or family i admit i try and hide or even run away . unless one is dead i found you can't hide from the next day . which i belive is why i photograph each and every start and finish to every day . perhaps i'll share them some day but for now they are mine . thanks again for your honesty this is my philosophy " A book has many pages , read them all and respect the authors point of view or dont give a review " just saying , hope that came out right and not misunderstood ,it sound pretty good , in my head . lol