the

Si master race.
Banned
Feb 17, 2009
MBTI
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
When constructing you belief system, how much assurance do you require before you decide 'that Is true, that is false'?

Well, first, (not to be too techcnical) I did not construct my belief system...it may be a fair place to start, but one must be prepared to let go of that at some point. The system is far bigger than I can construct. I can participate in it though.

And more to the point....I started out with a glimpse of assurance, and it became an inner "yes" that was both of the mind and of the heart. For me it was enough for a leap of faith. In the years that have followed, I have come across many other assurances that interlink and amplify each other in ways I could never concoct. Some were totally out of the blue. Again, these have been both of the intellect and of the heart.

Still, full and complete assurance implies a degree of control that I suspect I will never possess (not do I need to). No matter how far one goes, faith is still a very core principle. Thing is, the arrangement really works out much better this way, primarily due to the inherent vastness of it all. It is not something that we ever possess entirely.

I feel gifted when it comes to an ability to know what is true and what is false, so cannot claim any part of it as my own making. When I question the source of something kind-of new in my mind, the assurance my mind needs will come to me in time. That source helps me to decide whether I should believe in following the path or not to belief. Most of the time, when needed, I find multiple confirmations before letting it rest. I have learned which sources to listen to over the years, but am open to new sources for evaluations.

When constructing you belief system, how much assurance do you require before you decide 'that Is true, that is false'?

Assurance, for me, comes in the form of results. And what I do produces results.

If it doesn't produce results, I jettison it.

Pretty much never. Everything has uncertainty to it, some more than others, some less.