[INFJ] - A time you saw your Intuition working? | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] A time you saw your Intuition working?

Hoodie

Community Member
May 11, 2016
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
Err
I'm sure there's probably a thread like this SOMEWHERE. But I couldn't see one upon quick glancing around. So...

I don't know about you guys, but I don't get to see proof that my intuition is working, very often- AKA I don't know if it's right very often. For instance, I'll think "that person is lying." but I won't ever discover if they really are lying. So I thought it might be cool to share instances when you DID find out your intuition was right!

Maybe a week or two ago, I got to see mine work (it sounds awkward referring to it as "working" but I can't think of a better way to put it right now). There's this writer's site that I'm on, and I commented on a member's wall who hadn't been around for over a year. Maybe a week later, or a month later, a different member that I'd never seen before commented on my comment saying that the member I was looking for had been banned from the site before. I was like, okay, weird, whatever. I thought it was a little weird this guy was stalking the banned member's wall- but then again, so was I. SO then I looked and there had been more comments on the banned member's wall since my comment, and the same person had replied to ALL the comments saying that the banned user had been banned. I thought to myself: "this looks like a member keeping an eye on his banned account." And I was like 98% sure they were the same people, and mentioned it to some other mods.

Sure enough, not two hours later he's in chat telling everyone he was that banned user.

I don't know that I really look at that as intuition though. When I get feelings like that, usually there's just a lot of little reasons that add up in my mind. Intuition to me is more like flipping three cards up-side-down and someone always managing to guess which is the jack. I remember being able to do this as a kid sometimes without fail. My friend started freaking out. But I'm not as good at that anymore.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your guys's stories!

I'm sure there's probably a thread like this SOMEWHERE. But I couldn't see one upon quick glancing around. So...

I don't know about you guys, but I don't get to see proof that my intuition is working, very often- AKA I don't know if it's right very often. For instance, I'll think "that person is lying." but I won't ever discover if they really are lying. So I thought it might be cool to share instances when you DID find out your intuition was right!

Maybe a week or two ago, I got to see mine work (it sounds awkward referring to it as "working" but I can't think of a better way to put it right now). There's this writer's site that I'm on, and I commented on a member's wall who hadn't been around for over a year. Maybe a week later, or a month later, a different member that I'd never seen before commented on my comment saying that the member I was looking for had been banned from the site before. I was like, okay, weird, whatever. I thought it was a little weird this guy was stalking the banned member's wall- but then again, so was I. SO then I looked and there had been more comments on the banned member's wall since my comment, and the same person had replied to ALL the comments saying that the banned user had been banned. I thought to myself: "this looks like a member keeping an eye on his banned account." And I was like 98% sure they were the same people, and mentioned it to some other mods.

Sure enough, not two hours later he's in chat telling everyone he was that banned user.

I don't know that I really look at that as intuition though. When I get feelings like that, usually there's just a lot of little reasons that add up in my mind. Intuition to me is more like flipping three cards up-side-down and someone always managing to guess which is the jack. I remember being able to do this as a kid sometimes without fail. My friend started freaking out. But I'm not as good at that anymore.

Anyway, I'd love to hear your guys's stories!
Sometimes i want this thing called 6th sense to work when im taking tests but my nature or the nature of it is cloudy. Weird kinda like discernment from something good and bad.

Reactions: Hoodie
I've had dreams where I am talking to someone I know in my waking life, and then weeks or months later, the things that they were telling me in the dream happen. For example, years ago I dreamt I ran into an ex of mine at a party in an old tower, and i was trying to avoid him, but he found me. He was using a lot of poetic language in the dream and telling me he was going to stay where the water rises to meet the cliffs. In my dream I thought, Oregon? Then, much later, he emailed me and suggested I visit him in Portland. Then there are dreams with little minor things, but that one blew me away because I hadn't talked to him in months when I had the dream, and it just seemed so random. I totally blew it off as a random dream until he emailed me.

Sometimes I like to piece together dots in my head about people just for fun, and I'm often surprised that I was right.

I can tell a lot about a person by their demeanor and body language. I was able to tell someone in plain clothes was a police officer just based on the way he looked me in the eye after I was walking into a building and he was walking out.

Reactions: Free and Hoodie
Not too long ago actually.
I was playing broomball for the first one in years. Broomball is like hockey, but without skates and the sticks more resemble brooms. Just a man against the ice.

I can't do offence. I'm relatively agile and athletic thanks to genetics, but it's not a situation I can easily dive into. Everything is just a little too fast for me.

Defence though... Me and the goalie, against the world. Whenever I looked at the ball and the players around it, I could just tell who was going to get to it first and where they were going to hit it. Body language, speed, personal skill, and personal perception of the field; I just new were the ball was going to go.
And I knew what I had to do to stop it.

I didn't realize how good I was at broomball.

I've had quite a few experiences I can recall. They range from knowing the emotions of a friend before I actually see and/or communicate with them during a day, feeling someone's pain when in their presence (before they tell me they are in pain), correctly guessing names of people upon first meeting them, and knowing something is amiss by just glancing at someone.

One example comes from my work with college students. A particular instance occurred a few years ago on what was a pretty regular day. I was walking through campus and noticed one of my students sitting outside. She was facing away from me, and while I just saw her with a quick glace, I immediately felt that she was upset. When I walked over and asked how she was doing, she turned to see me, revealing that she was on the verge of tears. I told her that there is nothing wrong with crying, so she felt comfortable crying and telling me about how bad her day had been. I was able to help her feel better and gain some perspective on her situation. I'm glad I was able to help, but find it so strange that I knew something was wrong from quickly glancing at her.

Another example is of when I was meeting a friend after not having seen her in months (we live in different states). We went out for lunch and some shopping, but I noticed a slight feeling of nausea and some cramping in my gut that started just about when we met up. I put up with it through lunch and part of the shopping, but eventually told her that I needed to sit for a while due to the pain and nausea. She said that she had similar symptoms as she was on her period, and said I was probably having sympathy pain. She and I have had this happen before, so I figured she was right.

Those are the examples that stick out to me the most.

I very often phone people just at the moment that they're about to phone me. They usually sound really surprised and say that they were just that minute about to call me. This doesn't surprise me anymore.

I think I also pick things up at a distance. A sentence comes into my head, (and a person I know it's coming from). Or a feeling and image of the person. (Image in my mind's eye). I get the impression that I'm picking up on what that person is feeling or thinking at the particular moment. Sometimes this is hard to verify. I just feels like something has popped into my head. I don't though check with the person if they feel, or thought that thing directly. I don't tend to take this information too seriously, it just wafts through me.

(This actually makes sense because as a child I picked up on spirit entities in my grand parents house, and it was through clairsentience (feeling) and clairaudience (hearing), so I think these are the main ways I sense things. e.g. I didn't 'see' the spirits / ghosts in front of me.

In a similar way to this, but more intense I sometimes feel a very strong and intense sadness related to a person at a distance, and get the impression that they must be going through a difficult time, or emotion at that time. I feel very connected to them energetically. This usually comes with a very strong desire to contact them.

Sometimes I pick up on other peoples feelings without realising that it's someone else's emotions I'm feeling. This can be quite difficult because I'm not always able to tell that the intense feeling is not actually mine. For example the other day in fiddle class, which I'm usually really excited about and quick to pick up on / sight read new pieces easily and quickly. This week though, I felt like I was going to pieces. I got really confused with the low notes and was finding it hard to read the music. I felt very unmotivated, foggy, tired and heavy. I was also struggling not to cry. About half way through the class a student burst out saying that she was really struggling to read the low notes, and felt really stupid, but that she had M.S. and was experiencing brain fog. I didn't put two and two together until after the class.

I sometimes know that some activity or thing is going to be cancelled, or not happen for some reason when plans are being discussed. Sometimes I get bits of information that I ignore because it doesn't make sense, e.g. I had a shopping voucher that I though of taking out with me one day but didn't because logically there was no reason to think I would be shopping, but later that day I realised that the impulse to take it with me had been correct and I wished I'd listened to my intuition.

When my grandmother was diagnosed with Cancer I was not aware, but I was sleeping over in a elderly ladies house while caring for her. I was suddenly overwhelmed and literally beside myself in tears about this woman getting near to her death and going over the prospect of dying. I felt protective of her and obsessed with working out how I could be there or help. Shortly after this I found out that my grandma had been diagnosed with Cancer and didn't have long to live. I think I picked up the information, but as it didn't make sense to me at that time thought it was about this lady who was in my care.

Then the same grandmother died, I knew I had to get to see her that very day (she was ill for about 4 months). Sadly my family would not accommodate me and for various reasons I could not make the journey to get there to be with her. She died that very night.

I experience 'direct knowing', I imagine this is quite common amongst intuitives. It's like a sudden 'down load' of information. X, Y and Z may have happened, and then suddenly I just know with out a shadow of a doubt that someone has lied to me, or some kind of information just comes to me, and I suddenly just 'see' how it was all the way along. This is more like a down load of a missing bit of information than 'working it out' so to speak.

I think I thought it was natural to be able to read people and get a real sense of them, more normal than not (now I know it's also an INFJ thing). It has helped me in care work, because I can easily 'suss people' out and they trust me and feel close to me because of my ability to feel empathy and 'get them' as people. I can create problems with boundaries though.

I find group situations overwhelming at times. For example sometimes on weekends away for courses, or similar type events. In some meetings I sometimes feel like I'm expressing someone else's thinking or emotion that they're suppressing. This is a really weird thing that happens, it's as if I feel this wave of sadness, anger or irritation and suddenly I'm acting out - almost beyond my control. In some situations I think now, until I can understand what's going on here. If I can I'm better off leaving. Or if I'm feeling a lot of emotion welling up inside me to remain totally silent. Yeah, this is very weird, I barely understand it at the moment.

Anyway apologies because I've gone a bit off topic in this post and described things in relation to being an empath as well...and sorry it's made for a rambling and long post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bellosome and Free
Just recently. Big changes at work kept secret but something punching me on the back of the head making me think of other big changes that have happened.

I think that there are numerous interpretations of "intuition" , and that it functions on multiple levels.

I lead an intuitive life each and everyday, each minute of every day, in fact.

In the way that we differ from sensors; I could hear a snippet of a conversation, or request, not be armed with all the facts, and yet still draw the correct interpretation, context, narrative and/or response/solution, all in a matter of seconds or milliseconds, by way of fast and intuitive processes of deduction in my inward mental arena.

As opposed to sensors, who often have to bring these processes to life slowly, and cumbersomely.

On another level, I'm quite in tune with the brain in my gut (Enteric Nervous System), which also grants me physical, and palatable foresight, in the realms relating to basic survival and animalistic instinct. (Comes with its drawbacks too)

Further still are some fortean/mystical/spiritual instincts, which have been spurred on by some cataclysmic revelations and experiences.

To close, I'm on a journey to try and experience my Intuitiveness as consciously as I do unconsciously.. and that it what some spiritual seekers have termed The Great Work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Littlelissa