A study: Past experiences and MBTI

tfg345i4u5lw

On Holiday
Apr 11, 2010
MBTI
????
Enneagram
None
I am interested if there is any correlation between our past experiences and our typologies. In other words, do we all have something in common that most people don't....

Please talk about how you would "categorize" yourself and then state your typology.

P.S. Thanks and I love you in advance

Last edited:
Are you asking us what role experience plays in shaping one's typology?

EDIT: it seems that you are but the sentence "...in other words, do we all have something in common that most people don't?" threw me off. Because you may be asking specifically about INFJ's and not just typology in general.

(I'm hoping I understood you properly, I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for.)

Experiences are the nourishing rain to one's typological seed. The seed, our pre-packaged type, is already there, waiting for stimulus - what you live through and absorb determines how your type develops. I know two other INFJs IRL and all three of us are quite different, to put it mildly, despite having come from very similar circumstances. Humanity is a vast, vast ocean and everyone has a personal timeline affecting who/how they are, miniature worlds they carry around beneath the skin like parallel universes to our own. Indulging in categorical stereotypes defeats the point of typology, imo.

Reactions: Quiet
(I'm hoping I understood you properly, I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for.)

Experiences are the nourishing rain to one's typological seed. The seed, our pre-packaged type, is already there, waiting for stimulus - what you live through and absorb determines how your type develops. I know two other INFJs IRL and all three of us are quite different, to put it mildly, despite having come from very similar circumstances. Humanity is a vast, vast ocean and everyone has a personal timeline affecting who/how they are, miniature worlds they carry around beneath the skin like parallel universes to our own. Indulging in categorical stereotypes defeats the point of typology, imo.

Word. After taking time to think, this would be a tough one to pull off. I'm sure there are correlations between being INFJ and certain categorical stereotypes, but it would take a lot of effort to figure them out. I'm abandoning thread.

Are you asking us what role experience plays in shaping one's typology?

EDIT: it seems that you are but the sentence "...in other words, do we all have something in common that most people don't?" threw me off. Because you may be asking specifically about INFJ's and not just typology in general.

Correct. I was asking what role experience plays in shaping one's typology. But I was more concerned with the unknown, I wanted to look for correlations.