Love Often & Absolutely ♡
Retired Staff
Jul 14, 2016
USA
MBTI
INFJ-t
Enneagram
2w1, 2w3
My question has to do with the fall-out from these gas attacks in the middle east. I don't have all the facts and information regarding the use of gas as a weapon, so I'm asking all of you who may be more knowledgeable regarding my questions...

Do these gases disipate in the air over the use site? Or, like most things absorbed in the air the particles are trapped and carried over the terrain for many miles dropping in on other people?

The rise in respiratory and nerve issues in my area within a 100 mile radius is startling.

Are we breathing in this crap in small doses??

And, if so, what the hell is it doing to people?

***please remember to be respectful in your replies to a reality based concern. Thanks :D

I just heard about the recent allegations on the news, but I know next to nothing on chemical weapons myself. Have they said anything on what kind of chemical weapons that's been used?

This goes back maybe a 100 years or so but I want to recall that there were different types of chemical weapons used even back then, where some heavier chemicals would stay near the ground for a prolonged time, and prone to move with gusts, whereas other lighter chemicals would dissipate quicker.

To be perfectly honest - I think our advances in technology, industry, cause more concern than these incidents. Like, people say to go "au naturel" you shouldn't bathe yourself too much because people in the past didn't do that... but people in the past didn't have to deal with so many pollutants being pumped into the air, constantly. In terms of cleaning oneself, one can't use the standards of the past, because we've created our own standards. We use chemical shit to cleanse ourselves of chemical shit.

Not sure if this is an appropriate answer. It's not even incidents like this that concern me the most, it's the consequences of our modern society.

To be perfectly honest - I think our advances in technology, industry, cause more concern than these incidents. Like, people say to go "au naturel" you shouldn't bathe yourself too much because people in the past didn't do that... but people in the past didn't have to deal with so many pollutants being pumped into the air, constantly. In terms of cleaning oneself, one can't use the standards of the past, because we've created our own standards. We use chemical shit to cleanse ourselves of chemical shit.

Not sure if this is an appropriate answer. It's not even incidents like this that concern me the most, it's the consequences of our modern society.
Not sure I'm reading your post right, but I think the priorities would be a bit different if you live in Syria. Hard to focus on environmental issues when your home is subject to chemical warfare.

I just heard about the recent allegations on the news, but I know next to nothing on chemical weapons myself. Have they said anything on what kind of chemical weapons that's been used?

This goes back maybe a 100 years or so but I want to recall that there were different types of chemical weapons used even back then, where some heavier chemicals would stay near the ground for a prolonged time, and prone to move with gusts, whereas other lighter chemicals would dissipate quicker.
I haven't heard of chemical make up. Seems like a quick acting nerve gas of some kind.

Reactions: Free

Perfectly relevant @hush
And, a part of my general question. I see the results of direct contact with this crap, but what about the travel of this crap. ;)

Reactions: Free
Generally for a chemical weapon attack you want the gas to sink towards the ground so your target will actually breathe it in, so that would limit how far it can go, but it can still travel for miles. Gas that hangs up high in the air is pointless because nobody is up there. However who knows what kind of ghetto rigged stuff they're using.

Reactions: Wyote and Free