A Dream, what is it? And why does it exist? | INFJ Forum

A Dream, what is it? And why does it exist?

Serval

Regular Poster
Dec 10, 2019
Over There
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Almost every infj description i read said that infjs have dreams and visions, intuitions about future possibilities.
I'd like to know what do you think of this and how you feel about it. What is this dream, this sort of underlying picture of the future?

Almost every infj description i read said that infjs have dreams and visions, intuitions about future possibilities.
I'd like to know what do you think of this and how you feel about it. What is this dream, this sort of underlying picture of the future?
I came out whit this thread because i wanted to be more clear about me being an infj, i usually fantasize on what could happen in an undetermined future and i often daydream during the day and fall sometimes, after having thought on a certain idea, in strange hyperbolic doubts. I wanted to know if this is something an infj would do (i am not obsessed with it, just curious).

For dream i mean a plan, the leading plan that is able make people achieve a certain dream or at least see it.
I put this thread in infj typology because i am not sure of my own, i am not sure if I am.
I usually feel like crying and laughing at the same time.
The therapist i went to said i suffer of deliriums, she said that i fuse the unreal with the real, fiction with reality. Dreams with life.
I feel sad and happy at the same time, i don't know how i feel.

Reactions: dragulagu
I came out whit this thread because i wanted to be more clear about me being an infj, i usually fantasize on what could happen in an undetermined future and i often daydream during the day and fall sometimes, after having thought on a certain idea, in strange hyperbolic doubts. I wanted to know if this is something an infj would do (i am not obsessed with it, just curious).

My head if full of different futures :)

I dream (day dream) about what could be as opposed to trying to stay in the present. I won't force the good dreams but will get weird about the bad ones coming to fruition.

This is different to a few years ago where I would ruminate on the past to the exclusion of anything else. Perhaps I am growing to an extent, happy to look towards the future as opposed to dwelling on something that cannot be changed.

Looking at your latest post I do not think I fuse fiction with reality. I'd like some of the good things to come to being, but realise that this is just me wanting something a bit more "perfect" than I've already got.

I do have feelings of being both happy and sad at the same time too. Sort of bittersweet feeling.

It's an interesting sensation as they are conflicting emotions.
Bittersweet seems to be the right word, yeah (as https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/bittersweet didn't help for sh..).

Sometimes my whole life seems bittersweet. I suppose it has to do with seeing both sides to a situation. I can see things as being good in one sense but it makes me sad in another sense. Part of all those futures being obliterated, cut, severed.

Sometimes my whole life seems bittersweet. I suppose it has to do with seeing both sides to a situation. I can see things as being good in one sense but it makes me sad in another sense. Part of all those futures being obliterated, cut, severed.
Gotcha, thanks!

Reactions: JustPhil
I posted this thread because i don't feel like i have a plan to achieve my dreams, i sometimes am not able to see future implications that things surrounding the thing i call "plan" may have on it.
I usually think i am different from any other human being, only in bad ways though, i actually think i am the worst.
To make an example:
Today, when i was reading something online, i decided, after my brother entering and turning on the light of the room (he wanted to read with the light open), to go to an other room (the coldest in our apartment) because i felt a bit pissed off by the light and because i didn't want to create any conflict.
But while i was doimg that, only for a light, i was pretty surly and at the same time, i was annoying, but calmly, with a soft touch of childish stupidity.
I feel very bad and stupid for what i have done, i wasn't able to conserve harmony, i selfishly desired not to be in an lightened room (my point was that it was warmer with light on) and i didn't follow a plan that could have resolved everything.
i am not too bothered by this fact, but by my not being able to be what i want to be, and i end up being what i hate the most: myself.
Hate still is not what drives my life, i can in fact also see what may seem good about me, and concentrate on either or neither.
Therefore the thing i live for is my dream, but i don't really know how to realize it of why i should have a dream like mine.
If anyone replies and is also willing to make aware if i am, or i am not an INFJ for saying these things (i am not sure about it and i would like to know if your help could really help find a little bit of my scattered self), i would gladly appreciate it. (If you give an explanation i would be more than thankful)
(The things i have written may be fruit of twisted ideas and forceful ideas)

If anyone replies and is also willing to make aware if i am, or i am not an INFJ for saying these things (i am not sure about it and i would like to know if your help could really help find a little bit of my scattered self), i would gladly appreciate it. (If you give an explanation i would be more than thankful)

@Serval it's difficult to say, to be honest. But you do have a lot of negative emotions running through you now mate.

Dreams are quite simply the easy way out of making a plan. It's like writing the conclusion to the story without really giving much thought to what actually happens between all of that - and most people have dreams or goals in life so they feel that everything they do is for a reason with some higher self-created reason behind it all. From the sounds of it though my friend, you are more looking for an understanding about yourself and your own aims, not those of others - and the answers you're looking for are not in four letters that generalise a category of people, the only significance they have is that which you give them.
And you're needlessly hard on yourself, you've literally detailed an interaction most siblings have when they just can't be fucked with the other - I can be the same with my family. The fact you felt guilty after that interaction tells you all you need to know about yourself rather than demonising yourself for no reason.

I think there is a reason that hides beneath my needless words, i do want to know myself, that is true, i feel like if i was and am a masked mad, lying to himself and the others to achieve the triumphant feeling only a child could feel.
You are right, i thought that too, those four volatile letters are not where i should concentrate myself, those are not my ideas, my thoughts, my life, those are only a facet of truth, wich by itself is not true, those only give a generalization, an illusionary idea of an ideology.
I know that, yet, feelings still linger inside me, dread and costernation, fear and terror, hopelessness and hopefulness.
Those inadequate feelings might make me become what i most hate: ......
At the same time i think i am able to withstand these subjectively negative thoughts and feelings, in fact i do that sometimes, maybe always maybe never.
During those indefinite periods, i feel like myself. Or who i think i am.
Visions and dreams are delicious floating incoherent yet coherent sensations, vivid fruits of my own desires and maybe the world's itself. (I don't actually believe it as it seems, i don't think i am a messager of the world, yet i think i am able to be someone who could achieve those vivid readings of the world, by the world, i think, of rationality, emotions and something more, something hidden to the eyes of humankind but that could find a way inside it).
Really, truly i don't know if i hate or if i love myself, or if i am good with myself as i am. Maybe this allegoric doubt may only be a fantasy, as the world could be more than i think it is.
Thank you for replying and for giviving me advice.

Last edited: