Serval

Regular Poster
Dec 10, 2019
Over There
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
"If you ever had the choice to wish whatever you might desire, what would you want?"
I've been asked this question on my birthday.
How would you answer a question like this?
I myself would feel so disorientated i wouldn't be able to choose, so much i would think myself to be falling in a bottomless chasm of doubt and dissatisfaction.
Is it difficult for you to choose?

What a wonderful question to pose!
Good health... physical, emotional, mental, financial. . A strong body. Love. To see more of the world. A productive and vibrant old age. To continue to learn. Have said for years that my hope is that until the day my time here comes to an end I'm saying "well I've never said/done that before!". While I've learned to accept my quirkiness it would be interesting to not experience the world as an INFJ so I could appreciate the world from a different perspective. So if were wishing really big it would be wonderful to stand in the shoes of others.
The `things' in life lost their luster a long time ago.

A new life in a new world where everyone is well all is well would be my top choice.

I actually meant it in a selfish and individual perspective. I of course wish all the best for others and therefore for myself (an i am happy if you are deal) , but when it comes to my life and my desires, i feel disoriented, i don't know where to step in the infinite radiant of choices i could make.
If there wasn't anyone in need of something but yourself, what would you wish?

"If you ever had the choice to wish whatever you might desire, what would you want?"
I've been asked this question on my birthday.
How would you answer a question like this?
I myself would feel so disorientated i wouldn't be able to choose, so much i would think myself to be falling in a bottomless chasm of doubt and dissatisfaction.
Is it difficult for you to choose?
Wish for decisiveness.

I actually meant it in a selfish and individual perspective. I of course wish all the best for others and therefore for myself (an i am happy if you are deal) , but when it comes to my life and my desires, i feel disoriented, i don't know where to step in the infinite radiant of choices i could make.
If there wasn't anyone in need of something but yourself, what would you wish?

Then I am returning to my first statement.
Looking out to the world through the eyes of another would surely offer understanding. I usually feel as if I don't know how the world works.

In my experience, wishing for something almost certainly means you will never attain it, and so I've developed a bit of a pessimistic life heuristic when it comes to questions like this.

My 'wish' for life is quite singular, though - almost the opposite predicament to you - and yet I'm highly doubtful that it will happen for me.

It's almost as if fate recognises what you want and deliberately engineers circumstances by which to deny you.

Reactions: Serval
Obviously, infinite wishes. Then, everything and anything... including reversing my previous wish because it was a bad idea.

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
It's a bit morbid, or misanthropic, but anyhow...

I wish there were a lot less people. I really dislike the sense that you can't go anywhere when you want solitude without encountering other people, and I REALLY dislike the rules and regulations which become necessary solely because of the sheer number of people around. (Eg, not being alowed to have an open fireplace, because if everyone had one, it would create smog).

In my experience, wishing for something almost certainly means you will never attain it, and so I've developed a bit of a pessimistic life heuristic when it comes to questions like this.

My 'wish' for life is quite singular, though - almost the opposite predicament to you - and yet I'm highly doubtful that it will happen for me.

It's almost as if fate recognises what you want and deliberately engineers circumstances by which to deny you.
My feeble predicament concerning wishes is really in alignment with your statement, I actually feel so trapped by wishes because of the absence of individualistic and selfconcerning will. As you said "fate engineers circumstances by which to deny you" your 'wish'.
I would indeed explore the psychological rapport between us and the wanted (evrithing you might wish) thanks to the replies of the several users that visit this thread.

I wish there were a lot less people. I really dislike the sense that you can't go anywhere when you want solitude without encountering other people, and I REALLY dislike the rules and regulations which become necessary solely because of the sheer number of people around. (Eg, not being alowed to have an open fireplace, because if everyone had one, it would create smog).

Definitely not morbid. The planet has far too many people. We exceeded the number set years ago by scientists stating how many the planet could sustain. Some now say that we are set to have more frequent pandemics as we deforest the planet and encroach on wild spaces.
I lived on the US West coast a couple of times and would seek out places where I could pretend to be alone!

You don't need wishes for that but you might need a few more fireplaces.