A completely serious physical reality question. | INFJ Forum

A completely serious physical reality question.

Eventhorizon

Permanently relocated
Banned
May 19, 2013
MBTI
INTJ
Depending on the answers I may become more specific.
I would like to know if other people have ever experienced the following. When your eyes are closed while you are resting (more often then not settled in to sleep) do you ever see round objects that act as you might imagine blood cells to act? They would be very small but if you relax and try to focus on them the would become more in focus and easier to see? They would seem to be perfectly round objects and generally in very large moving groups.

Do you mean like phosphenes? Sometimes they form geometric shapes like you described.

Depending on the answers I may become more specific.
I would like to know if other people have ever experienced the following. When your eyes are closed while you are resting (more often then not settled in to sleep) do you ever see round objects that act as you might imagine blood cells to act? They would be very small but if you relax and try to focus on them the would become more in focus and easier to see? They would seem to be perfectly round objects and generally in very large moving groups.

What color are they?
How many in a group?

Yeah, pretty clear. Although i'm not sure if it's exactly related, look for close-eyed visuals and isolation tank experiences. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed-eye_hallucination#Level_5:_Overriding_physical_perception
Thank you for this. I asked on a whim. There seems to be some relevant information here but what I am seeing I am not convinced its a hallucination though that would be the easiest explanation. In short though I think this is close and bears some research on my end now.

What color are they?
How many in a group?

Most often they fill my vision field. They seem to be colors ranging from green to very faint yellow sometimes. A few nights ago I was at rest and I "thought" at them asking them to slow down. To my surprise they did. Not only that but they broke into smaller groups of about a hundred each, maybe a bit smaller but with clear space between them. The group directly in front of what can only be called my field of vision though my eyes were not open began turning clockwise. It would pick up one circle from another group below it, make a full clockwise circle and drop what appeared to be the same circle. It then picked up two and did the same. It repeated this many times in what appeared to be no specific pattern. This was very clear and while it was not always in perfect focus it was enough. It would better be described as a hyper real hallucination than a dream but I dont know that is even doing it justice. It seemed to me like there may have been some attempt to communicate.

Now, I know what that sounds like. If I heard someone else say that I would attempt to reason it away and not having experienced it myself eventually dismiss it. I do not expect anyone to think of it differently. I cannot discount what I saw though and have had strange related occurrences in the past. Its not like there are any doctor's to talk to about this sort of thing.

Also I think they are more likely to occur when I have eaten something that is bad for my body like gluten though I am not positive of this. It may just be exhaustion that can be brought on by sickness or physical exhaustion as well.

Last edited:
Do you mean like phosphenes? Sometimes they form geometric shapes like you described.
I have never heard of this. I did a quick search but did not find much information. What is it? Do you have information you can provide regarding this?

P.S. I know this has to be my brain creating something like it does in dreams but these spheres or circles are something I continue to see on and off and have for the past 5 years or so. It was just a few nights ago though where they responded to my thoughts. You might ask well why wouldnt you respond to you? These circles have their own motion. I do not control that motion. Sometimes that motion slows where I can get a better look at them but nothing like what happened the other night. I simply do not know what to make of it.

I have never heard of this. I did a quick search but did not find much information. What is it? Do you have information you can provide regarding this?

Screw your eyes shut. Rub them with your knuckles and watch the light show exploding behind your eyes. Or spend some time staring at a bright screen (especially in the dark room) and then abruptly shut everything off and lay down in total blackness. Those are the typical phosphene experiences that most people are familiar with. But sometimes the shapes come together in weird ways and you get hypnagogic images because the brain gets a bit artistic and starts making them into images like the cloud game people sometimes play (that one looks like a giant cat!)

Alternatively, you may also be experiencing a closed-eye hallucination. Sometimes happens for no rhyme or reason, kind of like lucid dreaming.

All of these things are relatively normal and nothing to freak out about.

EDIT:

Your friendly neighbourhood wikipedia can give you some decent info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

This dude did a whole forum post about it:

http://www.ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40109

Screw your eyes shut. Rub them with your knuckles and watch the light show exploding behind your eyes. Or spend some time staring at a bright screen (especially in the dark room) and then abruptly shut everything off and lay down in total blackness. Those are the typical phosphene experiences that most people are familiar with. But sometimes the shapes come together in weird ways and you get hypnagogic images because the brain gets a bit artistic and starts making them into images like the cloud game people sometimes play (that one looks like a giant cat!)

Alternatively, you may also be experiencing a closed-eye hallucination. Sometimes happens for no rhyme or reason, kind of like lucid dreaming.

All of these things are relatively normal and nothing to freak out about.

EDIT:

Your friendly neighbourhood wikipedia can give you some decent info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

This dude did a whole forum post about it:

http://www.ld4all.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40109

Oh that. Very familiar with that. No these things are much different. See above.

Edit. The color palette may be similar though not nearly as bright or intense as what you are talking about.

Oh that. Very familiar with that. No these things are much different. See above.

Edit. The color palette may be similar though not nearly as bright or intense as what you are talking about.

There are different 'types' of phosphenes and the way you experience them. Not all of them are as intense or colorful, but the mechanism behind them is the same. I encourage you to read the article on hypnagogic images before you dismiss it. The relaxing and focusing in on the images you describe in the original post sounds a lot like it.

There are different 'types' of phosphenes and the way you experience them. Not all of them are as intense or colorful, but the mechanism behind them is the same. I encourage you to read the article on hypnagogic images before you dismiss it. The relaxing and focusing in on the images you describe in the original post sounds a lot like it.

No I will not dismiss it. It will be added to any research I do. However its important to point out that in my mind having experienced both, they are substantially different. I do not think a person can say that because they have experienced one they would know the other as well.

In my mind it would be a bit like saying that tinnitus is the same as a clear melody being played.

Last night I tried to tune them in again. I had very marginal sucess and certainly not at the level I described previously.

This is a very strange thing for me. It is interesting though.

Last edited:
There are some scientists that believe we are non-local consciousnesses, and that reality is created when our consciousness focuses upon it.
Bunch of shit about it in my thread.
Hope you are well.

Ever since I was a child, when I would lay awake at night, I would see a group of little orange circles with a black dot in the middle(they looked like tiny floating eyeballs to me). My brother and daughter both see the exact same thing. I think it is a mild form of visual snow

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_snow

I can choose to see them or not, but they are easiest to see in the dark. I can also see them with my eyes closed.

Last edited:
I used to see particles swirling in a circle around my head as a child lying in the dark…not sure what to make of it now.

Ever since I was a child, when I would lay awake at night, I would see a group of little orange circles with a black dot in the middle(they looked like tiny floating eyeballs to me). My brother and daughter both see the exact same thing. I think it is a mild form of visual snow

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_snow

I can choose to see them or not, but they are easiest to see in the dark. I can also see them with my eyes closed.
Ahhh very good. I recently found within the year that milk has some effect on me that seems to put pressure behind my eyes. When this happens much of whats described in your link seems to happen to me. After images, visual snow etc...

I have wondered if this is not related. What is beyond me now though are these circles that are all exactly the same size, breaking apart into smaller groups and acting in some ways like a machine or perhaps more.

I used to see particles swirling in a circle around my head as a child lying in the dark…not sure what to make of it now.

Can you describe them?

Yes…very small…but multi-colored…would swirl like snow in a snow globe shaken up but always in a circle around my head…sometimes they would stop and reverse.
I don’t remember controlling them…but I for sure was not afraid of them.

Yes…very small…but multi-colored…would swirl like snow in a snow globe shaken up but always in a circle around my head…sometimes they would stop and reverse.
I don’t remember controlling them…but I for sure was not afraid of them.
You were old enough to know you were not dreaming it was not a light put in your room etc?

Memo_20150224_192819_01.jpg
Horrible Representation of something thats needs to perfectly circular but the shape they took when doing their pick up and drop routine actually isnt far off. Other than the bottom part was much more expansive.