A 100 List! (jobs) | INFJ Forum

A 100 List! (jobs)

SarahBS

Permanent Fixture
Apr 10, 2015
MBTI
INFJ
Everyone here who knows me, knows that I need a lot of money.
I quit my job some months ago as a teacher because they didn't care about the education and I work in another place now.(Still as a teacher.)

But the thing is a teacher cannot make much money really. That's what I can do the best atm though. So I was wondering if I work somewhere else.

Now I've been trying to think of something, some cool ideas to work on and make money but well apparently I need emotional support. so far I have tried this:

1.Freelancer website
: Hasn't worked so far. I had one 5$ projects. and nothing
2.Instagram and Telegram channel and page : Those pages can have adverts and they can get a great deal of money but they need something like 3 or 4 posts a day. And I can't do it right now. (or I'm not motivated enough)

and that's it!

Now @atree told me about this 100 list the other day. Anything i can come up with and I'm curious what I can add. Thanks my friend <3

2 again. I'm still thinking about freelancing but dunno what to do, earning in $,Euros and Pounds would be the best thing for me though.

3.a friend once told me I can play online games and film myself and people would pay to see more. But that idea also need a lot of help.

I want to get ur ideas on this and add mine. I work from 8 to 1, five days a week. I know, it's nothing. That's why I'm thinking about another work.

I'd appreciate your thought on this guys. Help me earn money :p

Last edited:
I'm happy to see that you took my advice and decided to start looking at your options. It's definitely a lot more freeing than feeling stuck!

I didn't even realize your schedule was quite that flexible. That's pretty amazing. See? You really do have a fantastic opportunity to make some great money on the side.

Here's some ideas for online jobs that I thought of on the spot.

• An online personal assistant
  • Call centre employee
  • Online tutor/teacher
  • Data entry job (online or offline - they can pay quite well!)
  • Completing online paid surveys
  • Mystery shopper
I encourage you to do some research of your own. You know better than we do what is possible for your circumstances and what you'd be interested in and where your skills lay.

What are some jobs you think you could take up offline? Can you do some extra tutoring on the side as well? Cleaning? Babysitting? Nannying? Running errands for someone elderly or disabled? What about something in retail or a previous job that you've held? There may be some opportunities there too.

Good luck!

Last edited:
@atree they're all good jobs. I've been looking for jobs like this for months now. still haven't found any. and those other offline jobs that you mentioned aren't that well paid.

The fact that I cannot use Paypal or any means of money transfer due to sanction stops me from doing online jobs cuz I can't get the money. I had one project on Freelancer but that was it.

I'm still thinking but it's getting a little hopeless :s

I think you gotta start widening your scope of where to look and who to ask. We don't know your situation, which is probably why no one has really replied. However, somebody else does. Find those people. Use google. Word of mouth. Is there anyone you know from your country that is doing what you want to be doing? What about people online? Have you found any online blogs that might apply to your situation? Have you emailed people? Knocked on doors? Ask some friends and family members?How many people have you talked to about your goal? Not everyone will reply, you'll probably get a lot of no's, but if you reach out to enough people, someone may get back to you.

BUT it's gonna take hustle.

Beyond what I've suggested, and what your friends have suggested, have you come up with anything on your own? How much research have you done? How much of your time a day have you dedicated to this?

I firmly believe that there is a solution to every problem. If you give up, then yes, you can accurately describe the situation as hopeless because you're not making any room for hope. But if you keep looking, honestly put in some time try out for different opportunities, ask different people, and stretch yourself, something is bound to come your way.

Remember, the 100 list doesn't have to be done in one sitting. You can make it a daily goal. 'I will come up with at least 3 ideas a day, and if I can't find 3 ideas, I will brainstorm at least 2 resources for ideas that I can use and research them."

Best of luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: hush and Asa
Thanks for your reply.
I have some ideas but I cannot start them alone. I have start one but it's like nothing. I need some help but I don't know anyone right now. People should know you and trust you to help you. I'm a little bit down right now so I cannot think of anything but just before sending this msg I sent an ad online about tutoring in a different way.

Although I don't know many people to send it to. There are some other issues as well..
As I told you I've been in this road for almost a year and I'm too tired to keep going alone .

About to cry...

Reactions: hush and Asa
It's okay to cry. It's okay to get frustrated. It's okay to feel overwhelmed. That's all perfectly understandable. You're human. You've got fears. You have desires and expectations and it doesn't feel good to have them thwarted. Anyone in this situation would feel just the same as you and it hurts my heart to see you going through this.

However, I just want to remind you that you can have all those emotions and keep pushing, keep fighting, until one day, you get through.

Hopelessness, though, is the devil. It makes you do nothing and prolongs your misery because not only do you hate the situation you're in, you have nothing else to focus on; can't even feel good or proud of the fact that you're trying to change things.

I understand it's been a year and none of your efforts have bore you fruit so far, but if you keep going, you *will* find a way.

Reactions: hush and SarahBS
@atree you're an angel <3
I feel better today and I will try :)

That's good to read. Did you say you have a cousin in Texas in one of your posts? Is there anyway you can get help from any Iranian ex-pat groups in America (if that's where you had wanted to go to be with your partner). I wonder if there is anyway they can help you find work, or sponsor or support you in anyway. Is there any voluntary work you can do, that might lead into paid work later ? The advantage extroverts can have is their ability to connect with others and network. Is there anyway you can find someways to do that? Try to increase your social circle online and 'real world'. People generally want to help others, especially if you have helped them.

Keep going, something good will happen.

James

You can't get paid online (via Paypal) due to sanctions? Are you also looking for work away from the computer?
Can you be a nanny?
A tutor?
Waitstaff?

Are there any programs to teach girls and women coding where you live? And if not, maybe you can reach out online for help learning advanced coding. Even though most of the organization have classes in person, they may make an exception because of your situation. There are a lot of organizations that teach women and girls coding. For example: Rail Girls, Girls Who Code, Girls Develop It, Ladies Learn Coding.

Are there any hotlines or organizations in your country that will help find you a job or skills?

That's good to read. Did you say you have a cousin in Texas in one of your posts? Is there anyway you can get help from any Iranian ex-pat groups in America (if that's where you had wanted to go to be with your partner). I wonder if there is anyway they can help you find work, or sponsor or support you in anyway. Is there any voluntary work you can do, that might lead into paid work later ? The advantage extroverts can have is their ability to connect with others and network. Is there anyway you can find someways to do that? Try to increase your social circle online and 'real world'. People generally want to help others, especially if you have helped them.

Keep going, something good will happen.

James

Yeah but we are not that close to ask for favors really. We never talk. But as soon as I read your msg I asked a friend of mine and sent him my resume. Thanks @James

You can't get paid online (via Paypal) due to sanctions? Are you also looking for work away from the computer?
Away from the computer? could u please tell me how?
Can you be a nanny?
A tutor?
Waitstaff?
I don't wanna be a nanny :s I hate that :s
tutoring like private classes? yes I've tested that...
Are there any programs to teach girls and women coding where you live? And if not, maybe you can reach out online for help learning advanced coding. Even though most of the organization have classes in person, they may make an exception because of your situation. There are a lot of organizations that teach women and girls coding. For example: Rail Girls, Girls Who Code, Girls Develop It, Ladies Learn Coding.

Are there any hotlines or organizations in your country that will help find you a job or skills?

Well, I can learn coding online. I know a little coding now and I can do more. The thing is I dunno what to do with it. I started learning code a while ago and I took a class as well...but I don't have any goals now and it keeps me from continuing it. How can I use the knowledge when I learn it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Asa and hush
Yeah but we are not that close to ask for favors really. We never talk. But as soon as I read your msg I asked a friend of mine and sent him my resume. Thanks @James

Away from the computer? could u please tell me how?

I don't wanna be a nanny :s I hate that :s
tutoring like private classes? yes I've tested that...

Well, I can learn coding online. I know a little coding now and I can do more. The thing is I dunno what to do with it. I started learning code a while ago and I took a class as well...but I don't have any goals now and it keeps me from continuing it. How can I use the knowledge when I learn it?

Hi Sarah, if you do gain coding skills there are online sites where you could find work, but I think that maybe difficult, and not well paid to begin with. Maybe continuing to market and use your existing skills is the way to go for now? Learning new skills or improving your existing ones is certainly a good idea longer term.

I'm glad you're getting your resume out there. I think if you continue to extend your social circle and get it out there more, something good will happen. Good luck.

Sometimes it depends on what you're willing to do - but I don't mean that as a slight; I've seen people make money doing very uncomfortable things fully clothed. Some of them even hid their faces. But like I said...it might not be something you're interested in doing.

Outside of less than savory endeavors, have you considered becoming a private tutor? Since you're already an instructor, there are students who may need additional 1x1 help. If you charge per the hour and charge just slightly under the going rate, you may get a few clients that way. You'll have to advertise it yourself, though (go to colleges and private schools). Or, set up your own entrepreneurial online tutoring service?

Volunteering in an area where you need to grow your skills may be another avenue to get into the field you like. Also, if you're not sure where to start, this website can help: http://www.mynextmove.org/. It's mostly for those who work in the US, but if you need help finding a job (or you need to develop the skills for a job) that website can help.

Anyway. I do a lot of career advising in my job, so I can sort of help in that regard. I can't get you the job, but I can help you figure out how to ask.

All through college I worked at an ice cream shop. I began scooping and later became an ice cream maker. I save a lot of money (enough to buy a house) at that job, despite starting at a very low wage. I worked hard and lived frugally. Many of my coworkers and I also made connections while working there that led to bigger and better jobs and well-paying careers. It was a very fun job, too, with lovely people. Any job could be your way to your goals.

Hello!

I'm also a partime teacher by day (7am-12noon)
I work at night (online job 10pm-6am)
Then i have my pastry business (which i post in fb)
Then i do english tutorial on my rest days (thursday-sunday)

Yes i probably don't sleep..

Anyway, if you know how to do photo editing, web designs and similar jobs try upwork.

Im not so old in this forum, but where are you from?

You can also try your own business in amazon and be a seller. The income is superb. :)

@atree, @James, @bellisima @ Asa@arbygil guys thanks a lot for all the suggestions. I cannot say I haven't tried the things you've mentioned. I think I haven't tried the right way though.

The thing is I wanna be involved in Education. and I love working in an R&D section in a school but I don't think I can do that right now. I don't want to be a programmer. I love programming but I can't spend my whole days looking at a monitor. It's boring to me. so I dunno how to make money anymore.
I can't be a private tutor everywhere. It's not safe for a girl to go to peoples' houses she doesn't know.

and @bellisima I'm from Iran.

Sorry guys, I'm a little bit confused at the moment. I needed to tell u this though. I love programming but whenever I wanna start, I keep thinking it would be a waste of time if I don't wanna work in that field.

If the goal is to get out of the country, you need money. The more money you can make, the sooner that you can get out and pursue a life and career that you actually enjoy. Unfortunately, the jobs that pay well aren't necessarily going to be the ones that are enjoyable or even complimentary to your career.

You have to ask yourself how badly you want this. Can you hustle for a year with 2 or 3 jobs doing work you might probably hate just to make the money you need and get out in one year? Or would you rather wait around for something you'd enjoy, the doesn't pay as well, and meet your money/emigration goal in three or four years time? Would you rather be miserable for 1 year or 4 years?

At this point, everything depends on your grit and gumption. No one starts out with it and unfortunately, no one can teach you how to get it. That kind of thing is born out of how important your goals are to you.

I wish you the best of luck!

Last edited:
@atree, @James, @bellisima @ Asa@arbygil guys thanks a lot for all the suggestions. I cannot say I haven't tried the things you've mentioned. I think I haven't tried the right way though.

The thing is I wanna be involved in Education. and I love working in an R&D section in a school but I don't think I can do that right now. I don't want to be a programmer. I love programming but I can't spend my whole days looking at a monitor. It's boring to me. so I dunno how to make money anymore.
I can't be a private tutor everywhere. It's not safe for a girl to go to peoples' houses she doesn't know.

and @bellisima I'm from Iran.

Sorry guys, I'm a little bit confused at the moment. I needed to tell u this though. I love programming but whenever I wanna start, I keep thinking it would be a waste of time if I don't wanna work in that field.

I completely agree with @atree here. Have you got a good CV that you can get out to all employers etc? I hear you on the computer programming. I can 'toil' through it, but I just don't enjoy it, after a short time I find it tedious, I want to connect with people. But if it's to achieve an important goal? I'd carry on whatever or find another way to achieve my goal.

You have very strong language skills (classic infj trait!) and have mastered English very well. Is there any translation work or similar you can do? How about teaching English ? Are there any online employers who might hire you, so you don't have to visit houses ? Have you looked critically at all your incoming bills? Is there anything you can do to reduce them and save money?

Keep going, every dollar you make and save is a step closer to your goal. Don't focus on the problems or obstacles, fix your mind on all the positive actions you can take - and do them, no matter how small.

Good luck,
James

Reactions: sassafras
i agree with @atree. i don't really like my online job at the moment but, it pays good and i needed all the resources i could get to earn money too, because i'm migrating to Canada. That being said, i don't mind sacrificing my sleep just so i can earn and save as much as possible. Once i saved enough and have moved, i can always do whatever i want to do.

Why don't you list what you want, what restricts you from doing it, what can you do about it etc.

If you can't do the private tutor, why not do it online via skype?

Reactions: sassafras