8w9 or 5w6? | INFJ Forum

8w9 or 5w6?

technics

On Holiday
May 13, 2011
MBTI
Yes
I'm trying to determine whether I'm an 8w9 stressing into 5, or a 5w6 growing into 8. This is my tritype (the 6w5 is definitely wrong).

How do I find out?

What are you like in a healthy state of mind?

What are you like in a healthy state of mind?

Partying, outgoing, helpful, adventurous, basically very social. When there's something I should be working on or something I should be thinking about and I still go out (e.g. friend's or relatives' party), then I somehow become silent and depressed.

how does your red fuzzy exterior play into determining your role? :D

Five goes to seven under stress. Do you?

Last edited:
What is stressing you out right now?

Right now? Nothing really. I mean I think a lot, but I wouldn't call that stress. I'm a little bit disappointed that I couldn't finish my to-do-list for today... if you could call that "stress out".

Right now? Nothing really. I mean I think a lot, but I wouldn't call that stress. I'm a little bit disappointed that I couldn't finish my to-do-list for today... if you could call that "stress out".

Oh. I just thought that by wondering if you're "stressing into a 5" you meant that there was something going on in your life.

Any and all at the same time is the best answer. I think. Well, I wouldn't know, but hrrm. I could find out. Nah, it is a self learned thing.

In a nuthsell:8s overuse their instinctive center, which haves to do with going with your gut, physical, visceral stuff. Instinctively knowing what to do and do it. 5s are opposite that way, they do not want to "do", their instinctive center is underdeveloped, they stay within their own minds and conceptualize, they feel like kings and queens in their own minds, whether if they are really smart or not, although they usually are ime. You'll usually see 5s as kinda clumsy, or at least uncomfortable in their own bodies.