300 & 300 (Rise of an Empire) | INFJ Forum

300 & 300 (Rise of an Empire)

Gaze

Donor
Sep 5, 2009
MBTI
INFPishy
So, saw 300: Rise of an Empire today. I didn't see the first film completely just a few scenes. The new one is clearly dark, quite a few fierce characters who just won't give up. Don't want to give any details away. But anyone seen one or both of the films; what did you think?

mzl.ltdunkrj.jpg

300-_Rise_of_an_Empire_20ghyesschar.jpg

=600?

I watched 300 in high school for an extra credit assignment (don't ya just love high school extra credit? "sit on your butt and get 30 free points!") for Mythology.
I really liked it. I was so pumped the entire movie. But I don't think making another one makes sense. It doesn't appeal to me. Did you enjoy it [MENTION=1669]Framed[/MENTION]?

I watched 300 in high school for an extra credit assignment (don't ya just love high school extra credit? "sit on your butt and get 30 free points!") for Mythology.
I really liked it. I was so pumped the entire movie. But I don't think making another one makes sense. It doesn't appeal to me. Did you enjoy it @Framed?

I am not sure it was outstanding but it kept my interest. The gore during the fight scenes was not done well imho. The visual effects were too stylized, took away from the realism of the scenes. However, Eva Green as Artemisia, the Persian naval commander definitely owned her scenes. The main "war hero" Themistocles was good in the war scenes but had poor dialogue. The dialogue was not very well written. Ironically, the actor who played Themistocles, Sullivan Stapleton, apparently said he was surprised by how much dialogue he had. He thought he was going to be doing mostly action and little or not speaking for most of the film. Callan Mulvey as Scyllias was good. His role should have been better developed. I think he would have made a better Themistocles than Sullivan. Queen Gorgo was woefully underdeveloped in the film. It would have been great to see her in battle with Artemisia.