16 Type Learning Style Assessment | INFJ Forum

16 Type Learning Style Assessment

Paladin-X

Permanent Fixture
May 2, 2012
MBTI
XXXX
I came across this site for testing learning styles that took it way beyond the traditional auditory/visual/kinesthetic and added more elements. I am not sure how much merit there is to this one, but I find it fascinating nonetheless. Probably because a simple system has been broken down into a far more complex one! :D

In any case, they look at active versus reflective, visual vs auditory vs tactile vs kinesthetic and left vs right brain.

Here is a link to the site:

http://berryslearningstyles.com/generalLS.cfm

Note: You must register to take the assessment. It is free.

Assessment Results

Personal Interaction

Active - 4
Reflective - 3

How much do you like to interact with other people? A

Active means you often prefer to interact with others.
Reflective means you often prefer to be alone or with one other person.

Intake Modalities

Visual - 1
Auditory - 2
Tactile - 2
Kinesthetic - 5

Your preferred modality is how you take in information most comfortably. It is the highest number of the four columns. You may have more than one column with the highest value. Therefore you would have more than one preferred style. Review learning styles for more information on each style. K

Visual is by seeing things.
Auditory is by hearing things.
Tactile is with the senses, by feeling things.
Kinesthetic is through large muscle motion or activity.

Hemisphere Processing

Left - 2
Right - 9

Do you process information in pieces or all at once? R

Left hemisphere processing is sequential, step by step.
Right hemisphere processing is global, seeing the whole picture at once.

Your assessment result details
The assessment results of this survey indicate your preferred learning style is as follows:

Active Kinesthetic Right Brain (AKR)

Learn by moving their gross motor muscles in a creative; imaginative; free-flowing and unstructured way. Do not think in terms of words but get information intuitively. They become highly restless if forced to stay still for too long.

Learning activities with movement are best such as learning games; exercises; or simulations with other people involved. Can think about things simultaneously and can have many projects going on at once. They see the whole picture; not the details.

I find this to be accurate. Though I am unsure if this is more or less accurate than any other because I haven't read through them all yet. I always thought that I was an auditory learner, but over the last year, I have come to learn how horribly mistaken I was about that! Haha! I always thought kinesthetic was untrue because of the association to being good at sports, which is also, not always true. In trying to find a better way to organize my thoughts, I was looking at some ipad apps, thinking that the physical movements would work, but it doesn't, because it is fine motor based. The best thought processing system that I can think of that would be most apt for me, is one that is not yet invented, which is the 3d holographic system that Tony Stark uses in Iron Man. :D

Last edited:
Thanks for this! Will be interested to check it out properly later. :)

Reflective Tactile Right Brain (RTR)

Sensitive people who tend to think globally. Look at the big picture or overview and they learn using their hands and fingers; their sense of touch and their emotions. They use intuition; imagination; language that expresses feelings and sensory words.

Read nonverbal communication and express themselves in nonverbal ways. Sensitive to others' feelings and their feelings are hurt easily. Will work only with people they like or work alone. Need time to process feelings and the whole picture.

Reflective Tactile Right Brain (RTR)

I was pretty even when it came to measuring right brain/left brain [ I scored as a right brain by 3 points. ]

-Anna

Reflective Kinesthetic Right Brain (RKR)

Learn by moving their gross motor muscles in a creative; imaginative; free-flowing and unstructured way. Do not think in terms of words but get information intuitively. They become highly restless if forced to stay still for too long.

Learning activities with movement are best such as learning games; exercises; or simulations with other people involved. Can think about things simultaneously and can have many projects going on at once. They see the whole picture; not the details.