You Know You're An INFJ When.... | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

You Know You're An INFJ When....

You get stuck over difference in personal opinion on morality and end up derailing a thread because you really don't agree.

And you must let everyone know that.

Reactions: Griffin and grt$5vb
*dodges meta-discussion*
...when you say "didn't you see ..." and quickly realize NO..nobody else DID see...

Reactions: Jeffrei and grt$5vb
Sorry to have derailed the topic. Perhaps Indigo should split this... I do not understand the eye for an eye reasoning. You NEVER have to kill someone... EVER! Make another choice. Otherwise, suffer the consequences.

[MENTION=3538]Arsal[/MENTION] Sorry. You're right. :(

Reactions: Arsal
Sorry to have derailed the topic. Perhaps Indigo should split this... I do not understand the eye for an eye reasoning. You NEVER have to kill someone... EVER! Make another choice. Otherwise, suffer the consequences.

I would kill someone in self defense or possible vengeance of an immediate family member. It would depend on how near that offender was. If I was to see someone kill someone in my family or attempt to and they were standing there over my family members body I would most likely pick up the nearest object and bludgeon that person until I could no longer pick my arms up. I don't think temporary insanity is too much of a stretch in a case like that.

I would kill someone in self defense or possible vengeance of an immediate family member. It would depend on how near that offender was.
If I was to see someone kill someone in my family or attempt to and they were standing there over my family members body I would most likely pick up the nearest object and bludgeon that person until I could no longer pick my arms up. I don't think temporary insanity is too much of a stretch in a case like that.

You wouldn't check on your family member first to see if they were still alive and hurting?

...you come to the right conclusions all the time but aren't quite sure how you got there. (and people tend to dismiss the way you got there too!)

mFaqA.jpg

Reactions: grt$5vb
I would once the threat was no longer imminent.

I can relate to the idea of wanting justice. For me that defines me as an INFJ. Someone started a thread on being a Crusader and I am one for Justice.

But to me - I think I'd check on them (if able) first - you know - to see if there was some hope they were alive.

People always comment on how kind you are, and you feel like a total fraud.

And you have to practice accepting praise without being self-deprecating or changing the subject.

I can relate to the idea of wanting justice. For me that defines me as an INFJ. Someone started a thread on being a Crusader and I am one for Justice.

But to me - I think I'd check on them (if able) first - you know - to see if there was some hope they were alive.

Yes I agree, in my head the danger was still looming though. I wouldn't go chase after that person if they were running away.

Last edited:
People always comment on how kind you are, and you feel like a total fraud.

And you have to practice accepting praise without being self-deprecating or changing the subject.

+1

I'd venture to say that's not limited to the INFJ type.

Still sorry, not sure I can post new topics, if so, I don't know how, yet. I think I MAY be able to injure someone if they were hurting a loved one, usually I just try to diffuse the situation, put myself in harms way & try to talk the offender down. Now if I walked in on someone MOLESTING my daughter, I'd at least cut their shit OFF, & if they die, so be it. Purely speculative, though. I freeze up entirely when I'm being assaulted, but I'm like a junkyard dog for my loved ones. *shrugs*

Reactions: TomarctusHU
You know you are an INFJ when you have a headache but you still won't ask your friends to turn down the radio because you want them to enjoy themselves more than you care that you are in pain.

edit - This might have more to do with my own assertiveness issues than INFJness. But it seems likely other INFJs have suffered discomfort in the interest of pleasing other people.

...you come to the right conclusions all the time but aren't quite sure how you got there. (and people tend to dismiss the way you got there too!)

+1
I really like this one... :)

...If someone forgets to pick up medicine from the store on their way home, you will lie & say you don't need it so they do not have to go back out... then be really sad they can't tell you really need it.

+2

Story of my life

Reactions: Questingpoet
When you're open to all the possibilities life holds for you and keep an open mind.

Of course, other types are like this as well. I just think INFJ's seem to be this way in particular. Idk. :p

...when someone using the word "nigger" makes you wanna get up & peel all their skin off... :m144: