Which fictional character do you most identify with & Why? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Which fictional character do you most identify with & Why?

Festie

5600662_std.jpg

More the fool you, Madonna.

'Ned the Pie-maker' from 'Pushing Daisies' (played by this gentleman here):

bjpo10vuvf10oyheo.jpg

It's easier to talk about what we don't have in common than what we do (amazing cooking skills and the ability to bring people back from the dead notwithstanding). Ned natters when he's feeling stressed, whereas I tend to clam up...and that's about it. :lol: Otherwise we're almost ridiculously similar (or at least, I like to think so), even down to the smile. :rolleyes:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gu36INKaRQ"]YouTube - Pushing Daisies - World Hello Day[/ame]

As you can observe in my avatar - Araragi from Bakemonogatari series. He's ENFJ in character, but close enough.

Yet the character that I can identify most is a girl named Yoko from 12 Kingdoms :) Because she's the best example of all things infj I've seen in any media.

I feel left out. I can't think of a single fictional character with whom I identify. Fiction isn't written about women like me. I enjoy fiction nevertheless.

Sherlock Holmes. It was a bit of an epiphany moment for me when I started reading the books, actually. I hadn't known other people acted like me (granted, he's fictional, but he is based on a real guy, so could be worse) until that point.

We both get in "moods" where we won't talk for long periods of time, we both have an exaggerated sense of and desire to opperate within the realm of right and wrong, we both can't stand being bored, but it happens often (although I haven't shot up my walls... yet). I write a bit, mostly about topics I feel I can adequately voice an opinion on (he seems to have written an untold amount of essays on various topics). As far as reincarnations go, upon watching the BBC series I died laughing at the "eyeballs in the microwave" incident, because I've been telling my "Watson" for quite some time not to be surprised if, when/if we share an apartment, she comes home to find our microwave in various states of... disarray, due to my experimenting. Science and reason are extremely important to me. I'm also unnervingly good at acting when the need arises, ie manipulating people in some way or another.

I could probably go on for quite some time, so I think I'll end it there.

Constantine Levin from Tolestoy's Anna Karenina, for reasons I'd rather not get in to.

I feel left out. I can't think of a single fictional character with whom I identify. Fiction isn't written about women like me. I enjoy fiction nevertheless.

Who says the character you identify has to be a female? I identify with male characters in fiction all the time.

Jean Valjean from Les Miserables.

Chow Moon Wang - from In the Mod for Love and 2046

Lilu Dallas from the 5th Element

Who says the character you identify has to be a female? I identify with male characters in fiction all the time.

I don't identify with the characters in books whether, they are male or female. Their feelings are usually too passionate or too cold. I feel like a spectator in life as if their is a barrier between me and it. I've never read a character like that probably because it would make a dull book. Sure authors initially describe people like that but they quickly abandon it to create an interesting story. There have been a line or two that made me think "Yes!" but just a line is not enough for me to say I identify with the character. I am quicker to identify with the events in books.

Perhaps, the book with events most similar to my life is The True History of Paradise by Margaret Cezair-Thompson. I don't identify with the characters however. Their feelings about their circumstance are not mine. Their reactions are also designed to take them into the thick of things. It's not how I react. Anyway, it's a very good book and I would recommend it for anyone wanting a better understanding of my country.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/True-History-Paradise-Novel/dp/0525944907"]Amazon.com: The True History of Paradise: A Novel (9780525944904): Margaret Cezair-Thompson: Books[/ame]

She gives a brief explanation of the novel.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypJADvMa24s"]YouTube - Margaret Cezair-Thompson - The True History of Paradise[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Professor Calculus from Tintin. I can definitely relate with his quirks, his thinking, his personality as well as his favorite pastimes.
professor-cuthbert-calculus.gif

[MENTION=3710]AlienSpectator[/MENTION] Have you ever read L'Etranger (The Stranger) by Albert Camus? The main character is just that, a spectator (though he's also disconcertingly apathetic, which I doubt you are). And I did, personally, find the book to be very dull, so maybe you're right. :p

EDIT: Wait, he'd probably fall under the category of "too cold"... NVM.

I freaked out reading the books because it seemed to me like he was using a whole lot of Ni. But I still don't completely grasp the individual functions, so maybe I'm wrong. The way he described every seeming intuitive leap as having a logical reason, seemed like "conscious Ni" to me, which got me really excited. It's like, instead of having the answer immediately jump out at him with no idea how he reached it (which is how Ni usually operates, at least that's my understanding of it), he's able to consciously process all the clues that lead to the answer. Super Ni? Learned Ni? I don't know, but it's awesome!

Would you say Sherlock Holmes is an INTJ?

Thanks for the recommendations. I will use them. I've never heard of L'Etranger. <guilty smile> Do you know I've never read any Sherlock Holmes? Oh the shame is unbearable.

I don't think in a series of clearly defined logical steps at all so, I can't relate to Holmes' description. I make large logical leaps, not a sequential series of logical steps. The best I can say is that I just know. Logical steps only come in when I have to explain the concepts to someone else and I'm often surprised that they have to go from A=B, B=C, C=D when I just go from A to D. Sometimes, I have real difficulty breaking the concepts down simply for others. I think I make these leaps because all my life I have been actively storing knowledge and patterns in my mind so unless I meet a completely new problem, the problem is largely solved in my mind all ready. Friends have teased me about my obsession with the "laws" of life. They claim I'm on a quest to reduce all of life to a single formula.

This video explains my thinking very well. I was particularly struck by what was said about the difficulty with creativity. That's a real problem for me. I cannot start from scratch. There has to be some system there all ready as he mentions. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8OzjK-5dAY"]YouTube - INTP & INTJ Functions[/ame]