Which fictional character do you most identify with & Why? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Which fictional character do you most identify with & Why?

Maybe a mix of:

Fai from Tsubasa
s1203982094_6572.jpg

and Nayuki from Kanon
kanon_nayuki.jpg

It's interesting how many INFJs identify with anime characters. :)

And I don't really identify that strongly with any fictional characters I know of. At least not off the top of my head. Sure, I get inside their heads, feel what they feel, understand them. But that's just me being an infj. I identify with many characters in smaller ways, but none of them are me.

Yes, this is an open invitation for suggestions. My curiosity is piqued now. :)

I don't know you well Milon, but I have a feeling, an Infjish one, (and I don't get many of those) that you're like this guy, or rather you will be in the future...

mushishi1280x800.jpg

Mushishi_Artbook.jpg

Ginko from mushishi. Am I wrong as I usualy am when it comes to gut feelings? Or did I get this one right?

Edit: If I'm wrong I may have another suggestion.

Last edited:
DeadpoolYelso20.jpg

Deadpool
Not all there mentally, an Unpredicatable fighter that makes up his moves on the spot, utterly no shame, Disarmingly cute.

hellblazer230.jpg

John Constantine
Occultist Magus, Former Punk, Built a Reputation that does most of his work for him but is still efficient beyond that reputation.

430378-Nick%20Fury_Leinil%20Yu04var_large.jpg

Nick Fury
Machiavellian Planner, Covert Soldier, Private Integrity, Ignores Social Values or Regulations. Does whatever it takes to get stuff done.​

Decided not to write anything.

P.S.
Will edit in descriptions of how each have a facet of my personality later on. As for right now. I'm going to bed for a long deserved nap. Feel free though to make "observations*" of how each represents me. I will be editing all of this postscript into a quotation bubble after I wake up and edit it.

*guesses

If you want to go the anime route, then I'm a mix between

Aoyama Motoko

52803.jpg

and Kyoko Mogami

c009ae8591680eb34b663034d22653f81238369847_full.jpg

I haven't seen a lot of animes though, so I have limited choice.

I don't know you well Milon, but I have a feeling, an Infjish one, (and I don't get many of those) that you're like this guy, or rather you will be in the future...

Ginko from mushishi. Am I wrong as I usualy am when it comes to gut feelings? Or did I get this one right?

*Adds mushishi to list of anime to watch*

Yes, I have such a list. :tongue1: I'll have to get back to you after I've watched a few. And thanks for the suggestion, Creon.

Mixture of
Ged.jpg

Ged from Tales of Earthsea

and

500px-BrandonHeatGungrave.jpg

Brandon Heat from Gungrave (before he turns uber zombie)

Last edited:
*Adds mushishi to list of anime to watch*

Yes, I have such a list. :tongue1: I'll have to get back to you after I've watched a few. And thanks for the suggestion, Creon.

You haven't wacthed Mushishi?

Ok. I change my initial "suggestion" into a DIRECT ORDER. You WILL WATCH IT NOW. NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

If fact, to lure you, I'll post it's opening. The whole anime is a trip to relaxation and calmness.

[YOUTUBE]818xwURsk8M[/YOUTUBE]

Mushishi is AWESOME. And you can find all the episodes on hulu.com, actually (look for it in the anime/cartoon section). It's probably my favorite anime of all time.

As for me, I see myself as three folks - none anime, sadly. I don't watch enough anime to find myself in the characters.

So my take on me is a combo of these three:

1. Clarice Starling (Jodie Foster's version)
2. Sandra Bullock's character from "While You Were Sleeping"
3. Storm of the X-Men (during her 80s phase).

Attachments

• fostermpqy5.jpg
    fostermpqy5.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 0
  • sandrab2.jpg
    sandrab2.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Storm.jpg
    Storm.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 111
Mushishi is AWESOME. And you can find all the episodes on hulu.com, actually (look for it in the anime/cartoon section). It's probably my favorite anime of all time.

As for me, I see myself as three folks - none anime, sadly. I don't watch enough anime to find myself in the characters.

So my take on me is a combo of these three:

1. Clarice Starling (Jodie Foster's version)
2. Sandra Bullock's character from "While You Were Sleeping"
3. Storm of the X-Men (during her 80s phase).

While You Were Sleeping? Nice! Arby is cool! ^_^

Also, hulu seems to hate you if you don't live in the hub of the American Dream. :tongue1: But that's why there's Veoh! :D *Goes to watch anime*

EDIT: Veoh sucks. Funimation is better!

Last edited:
I identify a lot with Charlie from "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" by Stephen Chbosky. We're polite, shy and innocent and appreciative of our close friends as well as the little things in life. We share a love for English literature and try keep a hopeful outlook on life. People don't usually notice we're there even if we're right in front of them, we're inwardly emotional and tend to start crying during sad movie scenes and we're just trying to make "some sort of sad, sick sense" out of everything.

On a more familiar note, I usually identify with characters Michael Cera tends to play. A little awkward, sensitive, all around nice person, very sweet but not popular with the ladies.

I assumed there was really no character in a cartoon that I was very similar to that I could idenditfy with. But then I realised one (and it is pretty close to an exact match!):

Edd, aka "Double-D" from the show Ed, Edd, n Eddy.

295959_pm.jpg

He is pretty clearly a young INFJ. I have a very similar behaivor to him in mannorisms, a detailed way of speaking, and genuine care of others. He also puts up with alot of crap with his friends, but still comes back all the same. Mind you I could never deal with the people in that show, but it is anagalous to how I am with some of my friends. He is also very scientific and detailed. Also a germophobe, which I sort of am. If I find out someone I have to be near is sick. I freak out and will want to keep 10 feet away from them, and I promptly take vitamins the second I get back on my own. I also almost always wear a hat. One of his trademarks is always wearing a black skihat.

[YOUTUBE]UQCC8s6BcvM[/YOUTUBE]

In a nutshell, he is very scientific while still being very concerned for others well-being. Which is exactly how I am.

Well, I've now watched several episodes of Mushi-shi, and I very much like it. I'm a lot like Ginko in many ways, yes. Good call! But I emote a heck of a lot more than he does. He's really not that animated. INTJ maybe? But I can definitely see myself become more like him. It's especially interesting to me that he's a wandering introvert who uses his somewhat obscure abilities to help people with their problems. I've just been accepted to chiropractic school, which is also a slightly-obscure path, and I see many similarities there...

What other suggestions can you make? I like your hunches so far! :)

I don't identify with any of them.

But I am always amused with the sociopath characters that are genious, socially isolated but still manage to have a posse following their every command, sexually absurd and would literally lick blood off of the sidewalk. Also power hungry monkeys who want everyone to kiss their heads, both of them if they are a male. I smile every time I encounter a character like that and put them on my favorite list. :D

I also almost always wear a hat. One of his trademarks is always wearing a black skihat.

In a nutshell, he is very scientific while still being very concerned for others well-being. Which is exactly how I am.

I always thought that it was his hair. :eek:

Peter Wiggin from the Ender series and Henry Miller from Tropic of Cancer (though he's not fictional).

I'm noticing a good amount of INFJ's are fond of anime, but I digress.
I have a few off the top of my head:

Kenshin Himura--Ruroni Kenshin
Yoh Asakura--Shaman King
Neji Hyuuga--Naruto
B'Elanna Torres--Star Trek: Voyager

Last edited:
Travis Bickle... For really depressing reasons.

Allie Calhoun (The notebook)... For really lovely reasons.

Tiffany Aching, Terry Pratchett's discworld.

I guess it's because I seem to always have what he calls 'second thoughts when I'm in situations. That, and the fact that I spend a good deal of my life helping people with silly little problems and I enjoy it.