What type is most attracted to INFJs ? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

What type is most attracted to INFJs ?

SP

xxSP's have always been a mixed bag. When I'm doing something fun & social (like swing dancing), they love me. When I revert back to my natural self, however, they tend to try to make something exciting happen/find the next exciting thing. (no joke. It sounds stereotypical, but it really does happen!)
Yeeahhh.... I 100% know what you mean. I dated one of those once.

I wish types were like Pok

Reactions: IndigoSensor
*goes out to an isolated cliff peak overhanging the ocean*

*builds an observational hide*

*waits for INFJemon with 50 Masterballs, a pokelure, some pokesnacks and a big club*

Reactions: t5juyt
Re: What type is most attraced to INFJ's?

There are usually infjs at supermarkets. Try 6am.

Yes! That's the ideal time to hit the grocery store. And the laundry room!

6am is not the perfect time to do anything. Ever. Anytime between 11pm-2am is better.

I do go to the gym at 7:30am when no one is there, though.

Reactions: grt$5vb
6am is not the perfect time to do anything. Ever. Anytime between 11pm-2am is better.

I do go to the gym at 7:30am when no one is there, though.

I completely agree with you.

I'm good to go from 9pm - 4am.

6am is relax before bed time.

As a matter of fact, I've been meaning to turn the tables around and ask - this is mainly for the INFJs who claim to be attracted to INFPs - what is it about us that attracts you, and does the relationship actually work?

I guess if I didn't take INFJs so goddamn seriously I would find them more relaxing than anything - but I struggle with the whole psychological distance thing a bit. And I've heard plenty of INFJs write about how INFPs have no idea how INFJs work and how we always do the wrong thing etc. etc.... so, any thoughts or oppinions?

What I like about INFPs is their ability to live and let live, their relaxed attitude, their unbiased nature. They are aloof, which is also attractive. They are argumentative, and can make damn good arguments. Those things all combined, and then their ability to argue. They are also typically fairly attractive.

Where I am not attracted to INFPs- I feel like I would have to mother them, and take on roles that I don't want- like budgeting, cleaning, taking care of business. I think that I would have to be the stable one in the relationship, and knowing how stable I am with my emotions- I foresee disaster. That's why I like the stable pillar of INTJs. I like being in a relationship where we are both equals, not where I would have to take care of the other. Also, from what I have read INFPs are very closed off, and often times in relationships if they don't feel close (which is not natural for them because of their aforesaid demeanor) they are likely to cheat, and might have issues with loyalty. But, in person, INFPs I have known are very loyal and dedicated to working through relationships.

I think that the chemistry is great, but likely to fizzle. Being an INFJ, I am all about long term commitments.

I tend to attract ENTPs, INTJs, INTPs, INFPs, and way back in the day ESTPs.

No traditionalists.....

I think i am INFJ (male) :)

From my life experience, i see myself very attracted to ENFP, the ones with strong curly black hair, nails tainted with crazy colours and rounded face. Problem is they are usually promiscuous and i can't stand it.

The ones i see running after me are also ENFP, but that kind with big "Fi" where you can see a big facial expression (draw line) from the nose to the jaw. Those ones are the most promiscuous womens of the planet.

The only not promiscuous i see running after me are the INFP, but i don't find them attractive, and none of us makes any move.

Live sucks :'(

This kind of thread turns me into an absolute ISFJ.

You aren't going to attract anyone if you don't care about how you look or present yourself. You also won't attract anyone if you are sitting in a gloomy corner where no one can see you. You can't just think that your personality vibrates out like a ripple effect and will magnetize certain people.

[video=youtube;8k9r3bM1eNQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k9r3bM1eNQ[/video]

I've had all various MBTI types attracted to me romantically prior to marriage, and now various MBTI types with whom I associate on a shallow level. The consistency is that I put forth the effort.

Reactions: Quiet
I've been dating a hardcore ISFP for 4 years now. We both get on each others nerves constantly...

Reactions: Littlelissa
INTPs often tend to fall for INFJs, particularly in a heterosexual relationship where the male is INTP and the female is INFJ. Since I've been in one of these, and was for over 3 years, I can give my theory on why these types fall for each other:

Why INFJs Fall for INTPs:

1. INTPs are honest. In fact, they may be the most strait-forward and truthful of the types...to the point that their precision with the truth can seem pedantic to others, and even socially awkward when they are attempting to see social rituals through their objective lense. Still, INFJs really love this quality, and often come to rely on the INTP's sense of honesty and truth once they learn to trust the INTP.

One of the potential pitfalls of the relationship never getting off the ground is the INFJ's tendency to think they can see the motivation behind everyone's statements and actions...but an INTP often has no alternative motivation then stating what they honestly perceive to be the case. I've had INFJs and ENFJs that have gotten on my nerves by constantly questioning my objectivity because they think they can "read me" and see alternative motives when there are none there.

Much later in the relationship, when the INFJ has learned the INTP very well, this can become a huge boon though...as the few cases that the INTP has alternative motives, the INFJ can sniff that out and bring it to light, potentially resulting in enormous amounts of growth for the INTP as they purge themselves of prejudices and become even more objective (which is very healthy for INTPs).

2. INTPs make fantastic and often genius connections that impress the INFJ, and even lead her to growth for herself. While our INTJ counterparts ask the question "Does it work?" our ENTP counterparts ask, "How could it potentially be?" and ENTJs ask, "How can it be best put to use?" we INTPs ask a more fundamental and base question: "Is this true?" We ask others to tell us what it IS, not what it could be, what they think about it, how it is used, etc...just what it is.

This unique persective contributes a lot to our obsession with logical correctness and truth, and hence the attraction from #1, but it also answers vital questions an INFJ is likely to never consider, as the questions they tend to ask, such as, "Is this good for others?" and "Do people have a right to do this?" often skip over more basic questions that are answered by the INTP. Going "back" to review these questions, which is what the INTP brings to the INFJ, will often cause the INFJ to view things in a new, more precise perspective, causing much personal growth.

3. This is related to 1, but bears mentioning separately. There is very often a constant miscommunication between the types (where the INTP is being logical in explaining his theories, thinking the INFJ is very interested, while the INFJ thinks the INTP is expressing his feelings...being open and honest about the subject) that is actually beneficial to producing attraction. If there isn't a huge gap in intelligence between the types, this can be a great thing, as the INFJ can understand the theories the INTP is communicating and contribute to the conversation, even helping modify and produce new explanations for things...it makes for great conversation.

4. INTPs like sex. INFJs like sex.

Why INTPs Fall for INFJs:

1. Mystery. We INTPs love logic, mathematics, language, and anything that requires theories and explanations to learn, but we perhaps are more intrigued by those things we have extreme difficulty explaining. INFJs often have a certain "psychic" quality to them that can be extremely intriguing. They almost seem to read the thoughts of others at times. Later in the relationship, after the INFJ has learned the habits of the INTP, this quality is very beneficial, as the INFJ can "call out" the INTP on things they aren't as objective as they tend to be.

2. The INFJ mindset ("Is this good for people?" "Do people have a right to do this?") can provoke an INTP into interest in such fields as psychology, philosophy (especially ethics), sociology, and the like. INFJs, if anything, are INSPIRING to an INTP, as they provide such a different way of looking at things that the INTP is inspired to learn and make theories on subjects the INTP may not have even considered at all important before.

3. INFJs like sex. INTPs like sex.

4. Life is tough to an INTP. For the same reasons INFJs and INFPs get along well, INTPs and INFJs have a similar thing: INTPs are so counter to the dominant cultural mindset that life can be VERY wearing on us. INFJs are even called "the confidants" and this quality is very nice to an INTP. When our emotions do come out, it will only be to a select person or very very limited group of people. If an INFJ is the closest person to us in life, then this rare outpouring is made much easier for the INTP, and often makes the INFJ feel great as they are trusted with a rare phenominon.

Yeah, I love INTPs for the reasons you've explained. Also, I find being around INTPs calming. There no such things as taboo emotions, so I feel I can say what I want, when I want, it's not going to be taken the wrong way. That's extremely liberating.

Much to my regret and great frustration none of my friendships with INTPs ever turned into a relationship. I'm sad about that. I told one of my INTP friends not to keep in touch because I wanted to be more than just friends and every time I chatted with him I felt a glimmer of hope where there was none to have.

I know that it's different for all INTPs but what makes you like want to be more than just friends? What does the INFJ need to show the INTP?

Last edited:
ENFP for sure.

You can never get rid of them. Always too persistent. And also they get all pouty if you ignore them for too long.

I think that ENFP-INFJ relationships only work when the ENFP can appreciate the INFJ's drive, see it as a strength rather than a nuisance the INFJ has to change.

Around ENFPs I feel like some mean dictator who is trying to run their life when really I have no interest in running their life at all. I get exhausted by the constant need to create these boundaries to our relationship so that some level of trust can be built. Like let's meet at this time, at this place, let's do this together. But our agreements or what I thought were our agreements most often go to pot because the ENFP has found some more worthy distraction. If you could only admit to this I would be able to tolerate it but usually it's what's wrong with you? stop trying to control me and I need to feel free.

You just forget that freedom is not the absence of obligations it's the ability to choose the obligations that you have. Since you don't choose you're not free, you live in the illusion you are.

Last edited:
What type is the most attracted to INFJ's?

Well ... all of them ... if the INFJ plays his/her cards well ...

I tend to attract clingy types with a hint of crazy. I don't know what types specifically though. One person was introvert, one was extrovert and a third I suspect was extrovert but she was a gamer so she can spend lots of time isolated... But I'm not wholly INFJ, I'm an SF/NF mix.

Reactions: Littlelissa