Typing your favorite characters/movies/anime/cartoons/etc | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

Typing your favorite characters/movies/anime/cartoons/etc

I'm just going to keep it real: I can't stand most infjs on tv =\

And I'm pretty bad at typing people, I also seriously dislike typing other people. :croc:

Well I just went on a Joss Whedon kick and rewatched Buffy and Angel. So, here are my guesses with types.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Buffy - ESFP
Gilles - INTJ
Willow - INFP
Xander - ENFP
Oz - INTP
Spike - ESTP
Tara - INFJ
Anya - ESTJ
Faith - ESTP
Dawn - ISFP

Angel
Angel - INFJ / Angelus - ENTJ
Cordelia - ESFJ
Wesley - INTJ
Fred - ENTP
Gunn - ISTP
Lorne - ENFJ
Connor - ISTP
Lilah - ENTJ
Lindsey - ESTJ? This one is up for debate
Doyle - ISFP
Darla - ESFP?
Drusilla - ENFP crazy as hell, though. So it's hard to tell.

Lisbeth Sander from novel Men who hate women?
Firs I tought she could be some sort of INT, but something in her screams "ISTP"...opinions?

Tin Man:

Glitch - ENFP
DG - ISTP
Wyatt Cain - ISTJ
Raw - INFJ
Azkadellia - ENTJ

For the most part the typings were pretty clear on those ones, a lot of MBTI cliches associated the characters. I still liked the movie a lot. I didn't have a favorite character in this, I loved them all!

Stargate Atlantis:

Joe Flanigan - ISTP
Teyla - INFJ
Dr. McKay - XNTJ (Sometimes I think ENTJ, other times INTJ)
Dr. Weir - INTJ
Dr. Zelenka - INTP
Dr. Beckett - ISFJ
Ronon - Haven't watched him enough yet, initial impression is ISTJ.

Flanigan and McKay tie for my favorite characters. I also like Dr. Weir a lot.
He tells people to bugger off and let him work so much I'd say I. On the other hand, he's the most outwardly expressive NT I've ever seen, which could mean E.
Though remember that episode where he was superpowered? He preferred to work alone then, I think he only uses other people for an extra set of hands, not so much needs them in order for him to get work done.

I think that when McKay first appeared in SG-1 he was a strong ENTJ, but in Stargate Atlantis he seemed more like an ENTP.

My favorite book series is a Series of Unfortunate Events (I hate the movie, so I'm not even going to bother typing the characters portrayed in it)

Violet Baudelaire: INTP

Klaus Baudelaire: ISTP

Sunny Baudelaire: ENFP

Tired-trio.jpg

Count Olaf: ENTP

olaf-in-cage.jpg

Tin Man:

Glitch - ENFP
DG - ISTP
Wyatt Cain - ISTJ
Raw - INFJ
Azkadellia - ENTJ

For the most part the typings were pretty clear on those ones, a lot of MBTI cliches associated the characters. I still liked the movie a lot. I didn't have a favorite character in this, I loved them all!

Stargate Atlantis:

Joe Flanigan - ISTP
Teyla - INFJ
Dr. Weir - INTJ
Dr. Zelenka - INTP
Dr. Beckett - ISFJ

I think he is an ENTJ. I can see where some people might think ENTP, though.

So, I was watching Bones and I figured I'd lay out what I think their types are.

Bones - ISTP People try and say she's an N, but I just can't see it.
Booth - ENFJ
Hodgins - ENTP
Cam - ESTP
Zach - INTP
Sweets - INFP
Angela - ENFP

I think he is an ENTJ. I can see where some people might think ENTP, though.

So, I was watching Bones and I figured I'd lay out what I think their types are.

Bones - ISTP People try and say she's an N, but I just can't see it.

I agree, she could be something like that...no N...

The Office
- Michael Scott: ENFP
- Dwight: ESTJ
- Pam: ISFP
- Toby: INFP
- Creed: INTP - I'm not as sure about him because his character doesn't get a lot of airtime, but from what I've seen of him he reminds me SO MUCH of the few INTPs I do know.
- The rest, I have no idea.

Firefly (Joss Whedon)
- Mal: ESTP
- Kaylee: ISFP
- Inara: ENFJ
- Shepherd: INFJ

Michael as N? Nothing is as consistent in all episodes as his lack of introspection and inability to actually relate to others. He's an unpopular ESFP, tragic fate.
Dwight: ISTJ
Pam: ISFP
Jim: ENTP

Michael as N? Nothing is as consistent in all episodes as his lack of introspection and inability to actually relate to others. He's an unpopular ESFP, tragic fate.

+1

Tin Man:

Joe Flanigan - ISTP
Teyla - INFJ
Dr. Weir - INTJ
Dr. Zelenka - INTP
Dr. Beckett - ISFJ

Agreed

Except I want to point out that I?TJs only seem extroverted because of their Te and disregard for other people. This is especially true when they are older (not that this TV show took that into account)

I haven't typed Dr. Weir, but she doesn't strike me as INTJ. I'm thinking maybe ISFJ, but she's probably a P in real life, so it's confusing.

Agreed

Except I want to point out that I?TJs only seem extroverted because of their Te and disregard for other people. This is especially true when they are older (not that this TV show took that into account)

I haven't typed Dr. Weir, but she doesn't strike me as INTJ. I'm thinking maybe ISFJ, but she's probably a P in real life, so it's confusing.

She is the strategist for the entire project, plus a scientist. She has more tact than the typical INTJ, but I don't know if that makes her something else. I definitely don't see her as INFJ. ISTJ maybe (big maybe), but I don't see her as Fi or Fe dom at all.

Anyone else have an opinion on Weir?

Dwight: ISTJ

I've seen Michael as an N rather than an S because he's always so bad at performing the mundane everyday tasks that come with his job, like the episode where he spends the whole day procrastinating signing a few papers. That just seems like a very NP reaction to me. Also, whenever Jim is promoted to co-manager, they put Michael in charge of the "big picture" stuff, which he seems to enjoy a lot more than the everyday running of the office. I've always thought of those as N-characteristics, although they may not be.

I consider Michael Scott to be a clear example of an ENTP who has not developed his auxiliary Ti enough to keep his tertiary Fe in check. Being low in introspection does not mean that he is not an intuitive. He relies heavily on extroverted intuition to make all those crazy connections. His problem is that he does not have an introverted judging function to filter his intuition. He is definitely driven by feelings but is not a feeling type. His feelings have to do with wanting to be liked and respected, especially for his creativity and entertaining ability. An FP type would have strong enough Fi to understand the emotions of other well, whether they value them or not. He is an TP, who cares very much how he makes others feel but is no good at understanding or predicting what that will be. Immature tertiary Fe is generally no good at taking care of others, and focuses on being the center of attention. Michael shows his aspirational Si by generally hating details but obsessing about certain traditions like award ceremonies and holiday celebrations.

My real life confirmed INFJ friend made her whole family take the MBTI test on MyType.com, and most clearly remembered that her father tested as an ENTP. She claims that he and the office where he is Regional Managere are eerily similar to Michael Scott and The Office, except that they sell ink instead of paper. It looks the same and employees have personalities reminiscent of their television counterparts.

I've seen Michael as an N rather than an S because he's always so bad at performing the mundane everyday tasks that come with his job, like the episode where he spends the whole day procrastinating signing a few papers. That just seems like a very NP reaction to me. Also, whenever Jim is promoted to co-manager, they put Michael in charge of the "big picture" stuff, which he seems to enjoy a lot more than the everyday running of the office. I've always thought of those as N-characteristics, although they may not be.
Yet he's still ESFP

I love trying to figure out personality types in television/movies, but I'm not the most competent typer. I was wondering if anyone would like to share their thoughts on characters in a few of my favorite TV shows. Many thanks in advance to those willing to give these a go.

Big Love - All of the characters in this series have well developed and distinct personalities, so they should be easy to type. They also drive me a bit crazy, but that's one of the reasons I love the show. :)

Dead Like Me - This one should be fun. The characters have strong personalities and seem almost like parodies of certain types.

Twin Peaks - Might be kind of tough. Most of the characters change slightly as the series progresses.

Wonderfalls? ... Frank Black from Millennium?

You guys watch Hey Arnold?! That's awesome! I love that show! Yes, present tense. :p

How about Bleach?
Ichigo - ESTP
Uryū - INTJ

I'm not sure in Uryu being a iN, I'd say he's more of a ISTJ.