[PUG] - Osama Bin Laden is dead Part II | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

[PUG] Osama Bin Laden is dead Part II

I don't think that Osama dying will change nothing. That's a bit of an exaggeration in my opinion.

Osama dying changes absolutely nothing. Unless you really believe he was like Dr. Evil planning all the terrorism around the world.

100th post! Edit: 101st! Dammit Elowen, you posted too fast. I keep getting my facts wrong on this thread.

He had the money like Dr Evil did but he wasn't the architecht. Fool, Saito was the architect. But IRl, Osama was the $ man for them and the face of evil for us to target.

100th post! Edit: 101st! Dammit Elowen, you posted too fast. I keep getting my facts wrong on this thread.

Actually mine was the 100th post. Yours was the 101st "reply".

"'I mourn the loss of a thousand precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one. Not Even an Enemy."

says it all really.

Why celebrate death anyway?

R.I.P Osama bin Laden

You were a dear leader and friend. You will be missed.

Given how he treated his wife, I'm not sure being his friend would be a wise decision.

Not everything is as black and white as you'd like to think it is.

Not everything is as black and white as you'd like to think it is.

How would you interpret his using his wife as a human shield while returning fire on the troops?

indeed that's a pretty horrible thing to do, I agree.

However at the same time I know that there have been people who have willingly been human shields, so who knows, maybe she consented.

we'll never know, probably.

His death, based on how it's been responded to, is likely being seen as symbolic for those who lost someone in 9/11, not simply about whether or not his death signifies victory over terrorism. Focusing on the macro is making people lose focus of the micro. Can't expect people who had lovedones die in 9/11 not to feel relief or personal victory in some way. At it's base level, this nation was changed drastically because of 9/11, so it can't be denied that this will have the effect of making people, not necessarily happier because of his death, but feel they have a right to see the person largely held responsible for this particular tragedy found.

Last edited:
Reactions: not sure
How would you interpret his using his wife as a human shield while returning fire on the troops?

I'm reading this and I'm imagining it happening like this.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFq6w8nTi-Y"]YouTube - MacGruber Funny Scene[/ame]

Only Osama didn't get away in a little red sports car...or did he?

Ok, you're right. There was nothing wrong with what was done. He was a horrible person
and we should be glad that such a wretched piece of life was destroyed once and for all.

Happy?

indeed that's a pretty horrible thing to do, I agree.

However at the same time I know that there have been people who have willingly been human shields, so who knows, maybe she consented.

we'll never know, probably.

I suppose that could be true; stop being so reasonable! =3

Still, that he would accept that kind of sacrifice still makes my skin crawl... about as much as the jubilation at his defeat or all the pseudoconservative anti-worker fronts across the world. The problems that create these circumstances have not yet been dealt with and are only getting worse.

Ok, you're right. There was nothing wrong with what was done. He was a horrible person
and we should be glad that such a wretched piece of life was destroyed once and for all.

Happy?

I think he was a horrible person and we should be happy he's now resting in peace.

I think he was a horrible person and we should be happy he's now resting in peace.

Maybe he would have been a different person entirely if generation upon generation of other excessively selfish people hadn't subjected the masses to unnecessary strife and poverty... that doesn't make anything he did okay. 23,478,298,374 wrongs don't make a right.

Maybe he would have been a different person entirely if generation upon generation of other excessively selfish people hadn't subjected the masses to unnecessary strife and poverty... that doesn't make anything he did okay. 23,478,298,374 wrongs don't make a right.

of course and I didn't mean my comment sarcastically. I have no grudge against him as a person, he's the product of a certain genetic construct and cultural/political environment which led him to life of unforgivable crime.

but now he's no longer, which is best for everyone.