Left-handedness and INFJ | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Left-handedness and INFJ

I think right/left handedness might be genetic -- they're using it as a trait in my genetics class.

My attempts at becoming ambidexrous are well under way.

Sure my left hand writing is still a bit kindergartenish but it seems to be improving fast. Now I've started paying attention to it, I've realised how much I actually do use my left hand already.

Still mostly right handed though.

Interesting, this may be one of the few physical traits that has direct correlation to personality. Phrenology has long been debunked, and correlating a facial expression with personality is a chicken/egg situation, but handedness is strongly related to brain structure.

/run-on sentence

EDIT: also, I'm somewhat ambidextrous. I spent the last week of middle school trying to write 1 through 1000 with my left hand.

I think right/left handedness might be genetic -- they're using it as a trait in my genetics class.

Both my Parents are right handed.

Both my sister and myself are left handed. We are the only 2 kids, and we were born 14 years apart. My sister being the older one.

Hey! this smiley is a lefty too! :thumb:

Both my Parents are right handed.

Both my sister and myself are left handed. We are the only 2 kids, and we were born 14 years apart. My sister being the older one.

Hey! this smiley is a lefty too! :thumb:

Lol you'd need a pedigree in order to determine genotype -- left-handedness, if it is a genetic trait (which I'm not absolutely positive it is, but I've seen examples where it is presented to be), it would be a recessive allele, so it could go back to your grandparents or possibly farther.

Thanks for all the info, folks!

And yeah, Gloomy Optimist, left-handedness is not a simple genetic story, as I understand it. I've heard that hormones in the womb can cause left-handedness... and of course, the disposition of a woman's womb is something of a genetic matter, but it's not quite the same as straight inheritance of left-handedness!

I thought it was a little strange when I first saw it too -- I didn't think it would be, and I'm still a little suspicious. But apparently there's a gene that determines left-handedness, one that determines which thumb folds over the other when you interlock your fingers, and an arm that you always fold on top.

I'm still skeptical.

im left handed, horrible with my right haha

In terms of strength my right side is the dominant one, but my left hand dexterity is extraordinary. It's the hand I do all my poker chip tricks and other pen twirls with, but this is probably from playing guitar for 8 years. :p

Well... I'm left-handed as well. I use my right hand for many tasks though... if the task doesn't include any writing or drawing.

Can't really write with my left hand very well, but I do use it often. I can catch and through much better with my left, which I kind of discovered by accident. My left had is also better with hand and card tricks (far more nimble, I s'pose).

I also wear my watch on my left hand. A lot of people asked if I were left-handed because of that. I didn't know why until I realized "everyone" wears their watch on their right hand.

My mother also said I often used both hands a lot until Kindergarten.

I grew up left-handed, and I don't know exactly what type I am. I was very math-science oriented when growing up, but I started writing with my right hand when I got into high school, and I started getting more into writing/literature. Now I'm really into writing (college student) and psychology, and I usually opt for writing with my right hand.

Hmmm....

was born a lefty but my mom made me switch to using my right hand

Pretty ambidextrous. I think INFJ's are ambidextrous because our right brain and our left brain both work simultaneously in every day life.

I've been browsing these forums for a bit now, and decided to join because I found this thread extremely interesting.

I'm absolutely an INJF to a T, and I'm left-handed. I write, throw, and rely mostly on my left hand, but here's the kicker; I've acclimated to guitar and bass as a right-handed player! Great forum and discussion, btw!

I'm left-handed (only one in my family) but at a young age, I taught myself to use both hands for everything. Don't even ask why, lol. Maybe out of boredom? :) Anyhow, I guess I can be considered ambidextrous but I am a true left-hander.

I've been browsing these forums for a bit now, and decided to join because I found this thread extremely interesting.

I'm absolutely an INJF to a T, and I'm left-handed. I write, throw, and rely mostly on my left hand, but here's the kicker; I've acclimated to guitar and bass as a right-handed player! Great forum and discussion, btw!

One of my best friends is lefty, and a few years ago i taught him how to play guitar, and i told him that i think he would be better playing as a right handed, since in guitar both hands do quite a lot anyway, so this way he can play on any guitar he sees anywhere. He's a great player :D