INFJ + ENFP | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

INFJ + ENFP

Well, to be honest I can see why a lot of INFJs and uh, cough cough, people in general might be wary of seriously dating ENFPs....but I'm sure that if both are healthy, mature people, something pretty good could come out of that match.

Can't, trying to organize a group of ENFP is like herding cats! haha :tongue1:
Haha! So true!!! :)

My closest friend is an ENFP, and I never get tired of her, she's endlessly entertaining and enlightening with an outrageous sense of humor and keen intellect. She finds me equally entertaining and enlightening, I gather. We have these excellent, long standing jokes and thematic stories that we build on over time, and crack each other up. She's VERY creative, but in an entirely different way than I am. She asks very little of me; never takes me up on my (many) offers to assist her, yet any time I'm in need she's there on the spot to help without being asked. She's incredibly self-sufficient and practical, but still so warmhearted and empathetic. Between the two of us, we were opposite sides of the same coin on our old forum (she left when I left) as the two primary go-to people for sound, thorough, compassionate, well-researched practical advice.

I have the exact same experiences, but with my marriage partner.

Uh...Dude...It's the perfect match. INFJ and ENFP are made for each other. Not everyone will agree with me but it is the ideal match.

your contrast will always be your best partners in life. That is what I believe. Yes, there are some conflict between the two, but it's really nothing that can't be resolved. However, if the maturity level of one is greatly unbalanced with the other, then you'd best stay away from the other for the meantime.

So far it's been a great match for me. That said I can see my teenage self would have had problems with some of my husband's traits, like his spontaneity and exuberance, though that's excatly what the doctor would have ordered. ;D At this stage in my life I just really enjoy all that: Spontaneous motorcycle trips to nowhere particular. Finding some wacky place and exploring. Just good fun, laughs and adventure.

ENFPs are like Arby said, a bit wacky in the intuition bit.

Overall, though, they are caring, optimistic, and passionate people. They are the less complex (not in a bad way), more sunny INFJs in a sense.

I wouldn't say this combo would necessarily be trouble, especially considering that ENFPs and INFJs are likely to have similar values, and the ENFPs seem more willing to work at building the "ultimate relationship" than some other types.

The big dangers are general mexican jumping bean loco-ness, and smothering tendancies. I think ENFPs probably make better romantics than spouses. But what do I know?

My husband has made the ideal spouse for me. :) Everyone has annoying traits but his annoy me the least.

Been dating an ENFP for about 3 and half years. My experience can be summarized as follows:

I think my ENFP has taught me much in the ways of being less uptight and anxious. I find that my general antagonism has softened over time spent with him, and I have always been inspired by his ambition. On the downside, he tended to struggle with mundane but necessary tasks, such as paying bills on time (despite having the money etc., it was purely out of laziness). Also I would, at times, be frustrated with his limited ability to articulate his rationales for holding many of his beliefs.
I don't get into long discussions on the particulars of my husband's beliefs, though I gather they are more "conservative" than mine. Though I don't think he uses logic on that matter very much, building elaborate constructions of meaning and theoretical models. He's more organic and natural somehow. But at the end of the day I know and "feel" He's truly a good, warm hearted man, and that's all I need to know. I have confidence in his ability to deal with life too. My meddling in his business is minimal, as is his in mine... ;D
Only thing that does bother me is the bills issue someone mentioned. I have two words: Direct debit. In that area I meddle and just get it done.

EDIT: In some respects I view him as a kind of a gentle teacher of things that are most foreign to me. He's really enriched my life.

It can work! We (ENFPs) are not all completely insane.
I do think it's a question of maturity. Eventually, at least a little bit, we get over the need for something new and exciting, especially in long-term relationships. Maybe because the satisfaction of being with one person for that long IS new and exciting, maybe because the sense of companionship that comes from being with someone for that long is, or maybe because our love and respect for the person we're with outweighs our need for change; regardless of why it works, it can work. Boyfriend and I have been together for nearly a year, and we're pretty happy. He has to tell me (gently) when I'm being obnoxious and he needs space, and I have to tell him when I need more communication. And both of us gladly oblige.

Best of luck to you!

Supposedly this is Relations of Extinguishment (IEI-IEE) in socionics. I often feel a pull towards ENFPs and had my fair share of crushes on the male representatives of this type, but never a long-term committed relationship so I don't have any nuanced commentary to add.

My first relationship ever. It was very very good. I do not regret it, and I'm glad he was my first boyfriend. Anyway, at the end it was bad. He thought too much into things and ended up breaking it off. A couple months later, he regretted it. We tried to get back together about 4 times. It was a confusing mess. It took me about a year to get over him. We were together for about 7 months. We were both young and were each other's first kisses. It was puppy love :) haha.

I can see how it'd be bad, because the ENFP has unrealistic ideas sometimes. That did fit him. The chemistry is awesome between INFJ and ENFP. One thing that bothered me was that he was P....he wasn't dependable with plans, but I overlooked it. I didn't know I hated it till we broke up and the "first boyfriend :)!" fog faded away from my mind.

All in all - good relationship.

ENFP-INFJTandem.jpg

Reactions: tfg345i4u5lw
So far...the best.

So far, the match between myself an ENFP, and the man I'm dating an INFJ is really working. Our communication is natural, and we are compliments to each other. It's been about four months, and the little conflict that occurs is worked out and led to improved understanding. I've dated INTJs, and love the difference the INFJ brings to the table. The chemistry is off the charts as well.