INFJ + ENFP | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

INFJ + ENFP

Like I said, I agree with you,
but you have to understand that MBTI is theoretical in the first place, and we do understand that all ENFPS are not the same. Most of us were speaking in conditional terms, even if we didn't pepper our posts with words like "tendancy" or "can be" or "are often".

My best friend is an ENFP, and she recently admitted to me
that she can be very manipulative, but with me, apparently,
no one can make me do something that i don't want to do -which
is what she loves about me.

We get along extremely well because she just 'gets me'. However,
when we clash it's usually because i can't tolerate her laziness, or
her lack of punctuality, which also really annoys me.

I've also noticed that because we're really close i have the ability to hurt
her really easily, and vice-versa. Although i must admit that she's usually
the one on the receiving end...because according to her i'm like a "delicate
flower" so she's more tolerant of me than i am of her.

But regardless, i love her dearly.

In a passionate relationship with an ENFP for three years. Taught me a lot about openness, spontaneity, energy and most of all love.:mhula:

It all depends on how open you are to new experiences.:m076:

Also I know another INFJ+ENFP on the otherside of the spectrum (ENFP Male and INFJ Female) and they seem to work really well together. He really brings her out of her shell and she calms/relaxes him.

I think it is the type of relationship that can go extremely well if you are willing to accept and work with each other. We balance each other out quite nicely, but its really a matter of if you're willing to grow and it could turn into something quite amazing. It'd take time to get used to each other but its definetely worth it.

Well Put. I can't agree with it more.:mhula:

This... I'm still not sure that it really works long term, but I'm very happy some people say it does. I know I can't hate any INFJs... for too long. No matter what happened, eventually I feel them as close friends. It's even scary how close we immediately can feel, with complete strangers. I've felt afraid by this effect occasionally, and I've felt some INFJs felt afraid by the same effect when we first met. Both types are a little weird and it is strange to find someone who relates so well with the same weirdness. :D It can go very very ugly too. I guess because we can hurt each other's worst spots, if we decide to do that.

ENFPs get their knowledge by seeing the steps, but their conclusion could be way off base.
Very true! I admit. ENFPs are naturally more hunters than gatherers, if I may put it this way.

They want to know exactly how you came to the conclusion, and you can't tell them. :p
ARGHHHhhh... but I usually learn to just trust you, after a while.

Last edited:
im an infj who has been with a enfp for almost 2 years. the relationship is very rewarding and inspiring. it makes me tear up reading some of the uplifting responses to this thread. i'm feel so fortunate.

Here's why I don't think it would work.
INFJs aren't made for casual relationships
ENFPs make it seem like they're all into you, but eventually they will get bored of you.

[o_q];220552 said:
Here's why I don't think it would work.
INFJs aren't made for casual relationships
ENFPs make it seem like they're all into you, but eventually they will get bored of you.

I disagree, but I disagree with generalisations based on mbti type anyway.
Because I don't think all enfp's are the same or all infj's are the same.

I disagree with generalisations based on mbti type
With this fact, you should disagree with any appropriate response to this thread.

Because I don't think all enfp's are the same or all infj's are the same.
No two "things" in the universe are the same, so what's your point?

Any given two objects have perceived similarities and differences. Do you accept this assertion?

Given any three objects, it is possible that object A can be more similar to object B than C, or vise-versa. Do you accept this assertion?

Probability exists. Do you accept this assertion?

MBTI is a generalizing system. Do you accept this assertion?

This thread's topic requires generalization. Do you accept this assertion?

[o_q];220568 said:
With this fact, you should disagree with any appropriate response to this thread.

No two "things" in the universe are the same, so what's your point?

Any given two objects have perceived similarities and differences. Do you accept this assertion?

Given any three objects, it is possible that object A can be more similar to object B than C, or vise-versa. Do you accept this assertion?

Probability exists. Do you accept this assertion?

MBTI is a generalizing system. Do you accept this assertion?

This thread's topic requires generalization. Do you accept this assertion?

Yep, you're right.

First of all I have to say I just love technology... *drool*

Okay secondly, I sort of came across a really old friend of mine through the internet. When I say really old, I mean were like best friends in elementary school. We used to go to school early in the morning, I guess both of our parents dropped us off early, and we'd go play with the computer in the library. Yes, there was only one and it had a black screen. We played some funny car game that was really just a blip you had to keep on the road... Anyway, we were pretty close, but we were quite different as well... At around the 5th/6th grade he moved away... and we haven't seen each other since then. He's doing a tour in Iraq right now and he's trying to get a group of our old friends from elementary school together while he is on leave... We were all really close.. anyway, I asked him to take the MBTI test since he said he was bored and he got ENFP. When I found out, I was like go figure. Because after all of these years, we still just pretty much clicked. We're a lot different, but we also have a lot of things in common. I don't know about relationships wise, since I'm not even thinking along those terms right now. But I could see myself being friends with him indefinitely. It's kind of funny, an INFJ/ENFP friendship that started in elementary... :m176:

Ambassador to ENFP-topia

I'm offering my services as a pure bred ENFP to answer any questions you all may have. I will be open and candid, because, like most things, I'm good at it.:mcunni:

I'm offering my services as a pure bred ENFP to answer any questions you all may have. I will be open and candid, because, like most things, I'm good at it.:mcunni:

You are SO not an ENFP. ESFP, maybe. ESFJ? Probably. God you're gross.

Patrick, you're sexy. Ok, seriously, I'm looking forward to reading and responding to questions that might help answer questions about the fucked up uncanny connection I seem to have with the INFJ-asaur.

Patrick, you're sexy. Ok, seriously, I'm looking forward to reading and responding to questions that might help answer questions about the fucked up uncanny connection I seem to have with the INFJ-asaur.

Start an Ask an ENFP thread. Offer your services. :wink:

Start an Ask an ENFP thread. Offer your services. :wink:

I heard the services include deep tissue massage, newspaper fetching and being a loyal....friend.:mcunni:

I am an ENFP and my boyfriend and INFJ. I think our relationship is pretty great most of the time. It annoys me though when I am annoyed & being stubborn over some minor detail (usually a mole hill turned into a mountain) and try to hide this from bf until I'm ready to talk about it..however within about 20 seconds and one look at me he already knows im in a 'mood' and asks whats wrong..Then it aaalll comes pouring out. Sometimes I wish he wasn't so perceptive to my feeling and would just let me stew for a little while.

Also I am way more excitable about things. He gets impatient when we ae walking and I stop to look at a marlbe on the path, or try and talk him into taking a bite of a flower. I sometimes wish he would slow down and look at things properly but hey...we probably wouldn't get anywhere! He loves downtime on the lounge to relax..I get edgy and bored very qiuckly if I'm not doing something, which often end up with me cleaning the flat just so I'm not frustrated. I talk - heaps. And I eat heaps. Luckily he he realised this on our first date so it was never a big shock! He is quieter than me but when there is something on his mind he can give me a run for it. Overall I think we work really well. We have lots of little habits and rituals that I love and enforce that feeling of being part of a couple (for me ayway). I love spending time with my friends and he never tried to hold me back. I have a bit of a jealous streak though and have to work hard to be as relaxed about him going out without me.

Reactions: joz
Ni Fe Ti Se + Ne Fi Te Si

I don't see how different ways/attitudes of cognition could be feasible in terms of communication.

Been dating an ENFP for about 3 and half years. My experience can be summarized as follows:

I think my ENFP has taught me much in the ways of being less uptight and anxious. I find that my general antagonism has softened over time spent with him, and I have always been inspired by his ambition. On the downside, he tended to struggle with mundane but necessary tasks, such as paying bills on time (despite having the money etc., it was purely out of laziness). Also I would, at times, be frustrated with his limited ability to articulate his rationales for holding many of his beliefs.