Global MBTI Type Distribution | INFJ Forum

Global MBTI Type Distribution

hush

Retired Staff
Aug 23, 2011
MBTI
pocketoli
Enneagram
Almost always, when referring to the percentage of the population that is one type (such as INFJ, usually considered to be around 1-2% I believe), these percentages are based on test results gathered in the United States. Is it safe to assume that the rest of the nations around the world have an equal or similar distribution of types?

For instance, would 1-2% of the population worldwide be accurate for INFJs (which would be between 68.5-138.8 million INFJs)?

Almost always, when referring to the percentage of the population that is one type (such as INFJ, usually considered to be around 1-2% I believe), these percentages are based on test results gathered in the United States. Is it safe to assume that the rest of the nations around the world have an equal or similar distribution of types?

For instance, would 1-2% of the population worldwide be accurate for INFJs (which would be between 68.5-138.8 million INFJs)?
naw cultural differences will skew shit a lot

My opinion is that assumptions about distribution of types are rather misguided because the extremely flawed testing methodology skews results a lot. I don't think there's a reliable way to type people as of yet, the conventional self assessment tests by far stumble in the dark. Empirical tests being researched (look up Dario Nardi for example), are still in their infancy and even though they promise in principle they're still grasping for rules and foundations.

My opinion is that assumptions about distribution of types are rather misguided because the extremely flawed testing methodology skews results a lot. I don't think there's a reliable way to type people as of yet, the conventional self assessment tests by far stumble in the dark. Empirical tests being researched (look up Dario Nardi for example), are still in their infancy and even though they promise in principle they're still grasping for rules and foundations.

Pretty much this, yeah. I think that there are far more intuitives than statistics suggest. If it were possible to have each person study and understand the theory and accurately analyze themselves, then the percentages would likely look much different.