Enneagram Type - 4w3 | INFJ Forum

Enneagram Type - 4w3

sassafras

Jun 17, 2009
MBTI
tdht, i'm not sure if this is useful or not but I think you use deductive reasoning quite frequently, and that's a quality of enneagram type 1's

tdht, i'm not sure if this is useful or not but I think you use deductive reasoning quite frequently, and that's a quality of enneagram type 1's

It's interesting to note that people pick up on this. Good eye, April.

For a while, I admit I thought I was a 1. I do have an all-or-nothing perspective and I do like to have things laid out and orderly, but I'm nearly not as rigid, nor is my motivation is maintaining integrity or finding a higher calling.

It's interesting that there are quite a few 4's on the forum, but they all seem to lean into a 5 wing. I wonder what internal process or experience is responsible for tipping someone into one direction over another...

outofplace.gif

Last edited:
I posted a thread about a website I found a while ago called PTypes. The website isn't really to be taken seriously; but, it matched up each MBTI personality type with an Enneagram type. INFJ was paired with 4w.5 and INFP was paired with 4w.3. Not that that's definitive, but I'm a 4w.5 and two INFPs I know are 4w.3's. They are much more success oriented than I am, and the Aristocrat description fits my INFP sister to a tee. Maybe it's a more common type among NFP's.

The personality descriptions do match well in my perspective, but I seem to be a stereotypical INFJ.

I've got all the unhealthy traits of 3, 4 and 5. Well, I'm 4w5 but when I extrovert if only for a little while I start leaning towards 3.

TDHT is a walking paradox and a creature of extremes. On one hand, she is playful and quirky and loves the company of others; on the other, she is aloof, cerebral and sometimes a bit anxious. She thrives on new and exciting projects

I thought I was 4w3 but just tested again:

1 with so variant

I'm not even sure if this is the same test...hmm.

Hmmmm....

(adds again to sig)

TDHT, you seem to have a high awareness of how you are like. This is a very comprehensive description of yourself. I am not sure whether you are aware that this self-introduction alone is very telling of your dominant instinct as well as your tritype...down to the wing level...

To me, that all says 4w3 or 3w4 and a tri-type of 3-6-9. Were you thinking something different?

so/sx 3w4-6w5-1w2

:mf:

Anyone else an "Aristocrat"?
Me, are you that too? Were temperamental apparently!... and obviously a whole lot of other things, I'm still getting my head around it but it explains a lot..
Same for you?

Me, are you that too? Were temperamental apparently!... and obviously a whole lot of other things, I'm still getting my head around it but it explains a lot..
Same for you?

Oh boy. These posts are from 6 years ago now. lol. I know I'm a 3 for sure but over the years, as I've familiarized myself with the enneagram system, the 4 wing doesn't make much sense for me. I lean more towards a 2 wing.

We can still be Type-3 sisters, though :)

Reactions: Littlelissa
Type Four in Brief
Fours are self-aware, sensitive, and reserved. They are emotionally honest, creative, and personal, but can also be moody and self-conscious. Withholding themselves from others due to feeling vulnerable and defective, they can also feel disdainful and exempt from ordinary ways of living. They typically have problems with melancholy, self-indulgence, and self-pity. At their Best: inspired and highly creative, they are able to renew themselves and transform their experiences.

Reactions: Littlelissa