[INFJ] - Best Books for INFjs? | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Best Books for INFjs?

Them by Joyce Carol Oates. There are many, many others.
This is just the book I am currently devouring.

It's 5th grade level, but "The Giver"

i enjoy fantasy oriented - preferably time travel/time warp/alternate dimension type stuff

Hamlet
Othello
Twelfth Night
Catch 22
The Things They Carried
Brave New World

I Am A Strange Loop
Of Paradise and Power
The Chronicles of Narnia
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? (Blade Runner)

...The latter two are just good in general, Idk about INFJs liking them.

1984 by George Orwell. There is so much symbolism. By the end, all you can do is sit in your numbness and question everything.

[MENTION=2873]Eirene[/MENTION] any tips for getting into Catch 22? I tried so hard but I couldn't get further than 40 pages.

1984 by George Orwell. There is so much symbolism. By the end, all you can do is sit in your numbness and question everything.

@Eirene any tips for getting into Catch 22? I tried so hard but I couldn't get further than 40 pages.

second that with Aldous Huxley's Brave New World, which, to me, seems like the more likely scenario for dystopia.

Also recommend Poe shorts to anyone who hasn't read them.

If and when i get time, i've heard Snow Crash is a cult classic. anyone read it (@sprinkles?)

[MENTION=2240]rawr[/MENTION] I've never even heard of Brave New World, but I'll have to read it.
And Poe really gives me the creeps, but he's brilliant.
Right now I'm reading Atonement and The Fountainhead. Anyone read those?

Inheritance cycle is an excellent series (although I really can't vouch for it being good for any particular types). The Nicholas Flamel series is also really really good.
I'm much more into fantasy novels, suspense, and intrigue than I am into classical toss(not to say your like of them isn't viable. Just not my cup of tea...). If I'm being bored to tears reading it, I don't really like it. Regardless of whether my type ought to like it or not.

Last edited:
Catcher in the Rye.

Seriously, read it.
Been meaning to get on that one. I might read it during xmas break or something.

[MENTION=4297]yndsu[/MENTION] one of my favorite books of all time.